Bluetooth Audio Streaming and Galaxy S8 Update issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bluetooth Audio Streaming and Galaxy S8 Update issues

JR123

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Limited
Anyone else having an issue with Bluetooth Audio streaming on the Samsung Galaxy S7 after the latest OS update? Everything worked perfect for me before with my 2016 Explorer Limited. The Galaxy S7 applied the latest OS update and now it constantly skips and pauses. Across multiple apps. Tried deleting and re-adding the phone. It works just fine with my bluetooth speakers (and it plays find out of the speakers) so it is just associated with the Explorer and Synch. (Don't have a second bluetooth phone handy, but it's next up on my list)

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone else having an issue with Bluetooth Audio streaming on the Samsung Galaxy S7 after the latest OS update? Everything worked perfect for me before with my 2016 Explorer Limited. The Galaxy S7 applied the latest OS update and now it constantly skips and pauses. Across multiple apps. Tried deleting and re-adding the phone. It works just fine with my bluetooth speakers (and it plays find out of the speakers) so it is just associated with the Explorer and Synch. (Don't have a second bluetooth phone handy, but it's next up on my list)

Thanks!
What carrier are you on? I'm still waiting on my upgrade to Nougat. Of course after reading your post perhaps I'll hold off on installing it until things get ironed out a bit. I use my S7 Edge for music over 2/3 of the time I'm in my Ex.

...and I just realized that I have Sync 3 versus MFT and it might not make a difference one way or another.

I'm on Sprint and it showed up about 5 days ago. My 2016 has the old Sync, I know the newer 2017's came with the updated Sync so they probably work fine. (But this occurs with local files as well as online)

Did you delete MFT from your phone and your phone from MFT and re-pair them? Just checking. If so, try reverse pairing.

Delete MFT from phone and phone from MFT, when you start to re-pair them hit the button at bottom screen that appears when you start the re-pair. It says something to the effect of "search for other Bluetooth devices". This will cause MFT to search for your phone as opposed to your phone finding MFT. This method has fixed many "glitches" in the past for me.

I get some hiccups with my Samsung Note 4 Edge. I'm streaming Apple Music service via Bluetooth and it just stops sometimes. It can be frustrating.

Back