• Register Today It's free!

Bluetooth Audio

bluex232

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
Has anyone found a way to disable the BT Audio so you can hear your phone audio and your radio at the same time?? For instance, I don't have navigation in my Ex, so I just use my phone navigation (because the SYNC Services can NEVER download my route...which is annoying, but not the point of this thread).

Anyways, I just use the Navigation app on my phone, my problem is that I cannot hear any of the cues from the phone because they all play through the BT Audio in MFT. So in order to hear my turn by turn directions I have to switch from the radio to BT Audio. Not very convenient while on a road trip The only solution I have found to this is to disconnect my phone from MFT. I really don't like to do this though because god forbid we get into an accident, it would not dial 911 for me and have a location.

I'm not sure if this is a MFT setting or a phone setting, I have looked on my phone and don't see a setting but thought maybe someone else had found this setting on their phone or in MFT somewhere. (BTW I have a droid razr with Ice Cream Sandwich)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bluetooth completely hijacks the audio from your phone. So the work around you described above may be your only option. I am not familiar with your phone, but with the iPhone I can go into my options and select "iPhone" instead of 'sync' or 'airplay' and the tones will play through the phone then instead of attempting to send to the Explorer.

This is a very good question. While I don't have mine yet to experiment with, I did rent a car for a few days and had this same issue. I would love to learn a creative work around as well.

deewan do you know what settings you find that option under, I have looked in my sound settings and don't see anything bluetooth related. Did you find it under another setting? (I know I don't have the same phone, but maybe it is in the same area on mine.) Thanks.

Anyone else had any experience with this?

deewan do you know what settings you find that option under, I have looked in my sound settings and don't see anything bluetooth related. Did you find it under another setting? (I know I don't have the same phone, but maybe it is in the same area on mine.) Thanks.

Hi ,bluex232!

In my Droid 3, I have to go into the Bluetooth settings, select and hold SYNC, and press OPTIONS. See if you have that on your phone as well. In there, you should see MEDIA and PHONE. Try deselecting MEDIA.

What's going on with your SYNC Services? Please message me the details and your VIN so I can look into it. :)

Rebecca

Rebecca, if he has an iphone, there is no way to turn off individual BT profiles. If he has an android, it can be done. I've never tried it, so I don't know if it works. Maybe there is an option to do this with people that jailbreak their iphone.

I'm not currently connected but you can see the options.

Screenshot_2012-08-03-23-43-46.png

Thanks guys! I didn't realize that you could actually select the word bluetooth in that menu, I thought you could only turn it on and off there. I did find this section and will try it next time I am connected!! Thanks again so much! Rebecca I will message you my VIN when I get to my car and info on what has been going on with my SYNC. Thank you!

Rebecca, if he has an iphone, there is no way to turn off individual BT profiles. If he has an android, it can be done. I've never tried it, so I don't know if it works. Maybe there is an option to do this with people that jailbreak their iphone.

I'm not currently connected but you can see the options.

Screenshot_2012-08-03-23-43-46.png

Thanks, harlenm!

Thanks guys! I didn't realize that you could actually select the word bluetooth in that menu, I thought you could only turn it on and off there. I did find this section and will try it next time I am connected!! Thanks again so much! Rebecca I will message you my VIN when I get to my car and info on what has been going on with my SYNC. Thank you!

You're welcome! I'll look at your private message and get back with you shortly. :)

Rebecca

what I do if I want to use the phones nav directions and listen to music....use Pandora! problem solved

Howard Stern is not on Pandora! 8-P

Back