• Register Today It's free!

Bluetooth is flaky

rman66

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle,Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer LTD 4WD
I hate that the bluetooth in my Ford Explorer limited 2014 is so unreliable. Calls get dropped all the time and its a 50-50 chance that It even works at any time. Is there anything we can do to make the bluetooth connection rock solid and reliable?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I feel ya, just the other night I had BT connected and was trying to listen to Spotify from my iPhone over BT audio stream. Well as im getting into the good part of the song, it jumps to the next song. Then it plays about 20 secs of the next song and jumps to the next. I have an older version of MFT which I was planning on updating, however I have an appointment with my local ford dealer to do a Field Action Service something or another on it next week cause they said there is something with the APIM or something like that.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Curious as to what this Field Service Action would be.

Peter

Also to expand on this, phone calls can be hit or miss as well. I found that MFT/Sync flips out if the contact name has emojis in their name. I removed the ones I had for the wifey and seemed to help a little. Also I think my sync version is quite a few behind.

I’m actually researching about doing the sync3 update as found in the forums when I get my tax refund this year. I would really like to integrate the Apple car play stuff for sync 3 but we shall see.

Hey Peter,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Here are the screenies from the field service action thingy.

Ford field service action

-Chance
The only one that would actually apply is the one on the Carbon Monoxide. The APIM warranty extension would no longer be vaild. I have decided against having the carbon monoxide done since it doesn't seem to be an issue. Here is the thread; Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust

The latest MFT version seems to be 3.10. MFT Update V3.10

BTW, thanks very much for supporting the site with your Elite Explorer membership.:thumbsup:

Peter

The only one that would actually apply is the one on the Carbon Monoxide. The APIM warranty extension would no longer be vaild. I have decided against having the carbon monoxide done since it doesn't seem to be an issue. Here is the thread; Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust

The latest MFT version seems to be 3.10. MFT Update V3.10

BTW, thanks very much for supporting the site with your Elite Explorer membership.:thumbsup:

Peter

Ahh ok, when I called I told the service writer I saw both and she confirmed so I dunno if they were gonna do anything about the apim or not but I guess we’ll see when I take it over next week.

As for the carbon monoxide issue I at least wanted to have them check because of the kiddos riding in the car and in the third row.

I guess if I go the new route of sync3 the apim issue would be moot anyway.

Ya man no problem at all, was gonna sub earlier in the week but had some other stuff come up bills wise so yea :)

........Ya man no problem at all, was gonna sub earlier in the week but had some other stuff come up bills wise so yea :)
Keep an eye out next time Black Friday/Cyber Monday rolls around. In the past, Rick has always offered a 2 for 1 membership deal. You'll be able to get 2 years for the price of one and it's added to your current subscription.

Peter

Ahhh very nice, love me a good black/cyber deal :)

Back