• Register Today It's free!

Bluetooth OBDII reader

newstylecustoms

Reaction score
City, State
Clayton, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
199 Explorer Sport
Has anyone tried and Bluetooth ELM327 OBDII readers on explorers? I just bought one and it won't work with my Mercury Monterey and haven't tried it on the Explorer since the it has a dead battery. Just curious if any will work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There was a posting where some one else was talking about one they have been using along with the android app Torque. I just ordered one this morning off eBay for under 12 bucks and just bought the app for under 5 bucks. But for now its still untested by me. What program are you using?

There was a posting where some one else was talking about one they have been using along with the android app Torque. I just ordered one this morning off eBay for under 12 bucks and just bought the app for under 5 bucks. But for now its still untested by me. What program are you using?

I tried torque lite and OBDAutoDoctor Lite, neither will connect properly. It keeps asking for the Bluetooth PIN of the reader and no matter what number I enter it won't connect.

The default code is 1234. and they are at about a 50/50 rate of getting a working one or a DOA(dead on arrival)

Mine works great on all my vehicles. The pin was 5678 though. My friend's was 1234

I've got the same one as Joe, zero issues.

I have one as well, but I use it on my Blackberry, with and App called Laplogger, I had no issues. The listing that I bought it from said it ONLY worked on Androids, but it works great for me. I had to enter a code, 1234 on mine.... there are few more codes too, I just don't remember them.

Back