• Register Today It's free!

Bluetooth streaming fix

jrmexplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
All,
So I was trying to play bluetooth audio from my Droid X the other day and it was not working. The MFT screen indicated a track was playing, but no audio was coming out. The phone also indicated a track was playing.....

Turned out that ON THE PHONE, there is a volume setting for bluetooth audio. That was off.... turned it on and it works. You just start playing your track using MFT and then use the volume keys on the phone itself.

Just posting as a tip for others who may be having problems to try and look for a volume control for Bluetooth streaming.

Thanks for the info and hope it will help other users. I think many of the phone issues people are having is because MFT is pushing the BT interface in a much more robust way then has been done before. I know I fixed a BT issue I was having by fixing my blackberry 9700, not my Explorer.

It is always interesting to me when someone's IPhone is working in a strange way, it must be the $45K Explorer and not the $450 phone. Mostly because we all know Apple makes only perfect stuff, as long as you have the little rubber bumper on it . ;)

All,
So I was trying to play bluetooth audio from my Droid X the other day and it was not working. The MFT screen indicated a track was playing, but no audio was coming out. The phone also indicated a track was playing.....

Turned out that ON THE PHONE, there is a volume setting for bluetooth audio. That was off.... turned it on and it works. You just start playing your track using MFT and then use the volume keys on the phone itself.

Just posting as a tip for others who may be having problems to try and look for a volume control for Bluetooth streaming.

Excellent tip! You can also do that when playing music while connected via USB.

Rebecca

Back