Bluetooth suddenly stopped working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bluetooth suddenly stopped working

Ferretkingdom

Reaction score
City, State
LEHIGH ACRES
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Limited
Yes I tried searching, but got 4,000+ threads, and the first 15 or so didn't really help me. I'm not sure what else to try, or if anyone else has a similar issue. The Ex is a 2018 Limited with Nav. I've only had it 2 months, but it has 45k miles so no warranty, thus a trip to the dealership will be stupid expensive. :(

My bluetooth just quit working today. It's been fine until today. The car SAYS its connected, but has zero functionality. I restarted my phone, and then deleted the bluetooth connection from my phone when that didn't work thinking it was my phone that was the issue. However it's the car that's the problem, bluetooth on my phone can connect to other things fine.

I have tried multiple times to delete the phone profile from the car, but it continues to show there and continues to say it's connected when I restart the car. Regardless, I can't find the car from my phone, or the phone from the case. I cannot link my daughters phone to the car either, which is new and was never connected to my car.

The only other thing I can think of to do is factory reset the sync system, but I was not able to update to the latest 2 builds of Sync 3 without the dealership loading the update for me, so I really hate to hard reset, as i don't think I'll be able to get past the 17-whatever build that was 2 updates ago.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not sure how you did your search but using the one I commonly use in the upper right corner, the only thread I found using "Bluetooth not working" was yours. Putting the same phrase in the "Custom Search" line at the top of the page, produced 141 results but not all were related to Bluetooth.
I have never had to use the System Reset but I would be surprised it it wiped out the current Sync version. Several members have used the "reset" and I don't recall them having to reload the latest software version. Perhaps someone with a little more 'first-hand knowledge' will jump in and provide more positive assistance.

Peter

I'm not sure how you did your search but using the one I commonly use in the upper right corner, the only thread I found using "Bluetooth not working" was yours. Putting the same phrase in the "Custom Search" line at the top of the page, produced 141 results but not all were related to Bluetooth.
I have never had to use the System Reset but I would be surprised it it wiped out the current Sync version. Several members have used the "reset" and I don't recall them having to reload the latest software version. Perhaps someone with a little more 'first-hand knowledge' will jump in and provide more positive assistance.

Peter

Yes that's the search feature I used. I just searched "bluetooth" as being too specific got me nothing useful. Granted, I didn't have time to read through over 4000 posts on bluetooth though, but I at least tried since that's always what everyone suggests first.

That's interesting that a reset of thd sync system wouldn't wipe out current updates...... I've never factory reset anything electronic and had it not lose any software updates (phones, computers, tablets, etc have all needed updating again after a reset).

Did you end up doing a master reset?

Did you end up doing a master reset?

I haven't. I'm afraid of losing the updates that I spent 3 hours of my time getting Ford to do for free for me because I couldn't get them for some reason, and I'm out of warranty.

Back