Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
took 14 " out

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OMG you DID it!!!:eek:

Nice, nice, very nice!

My turn now!

hmmmm

reminds me of the "I lost my a$$ in Vegas/Reno" t-shirts. now, if you had a supercab on there, and shortened the front of the bed, you'd have a retro Ranger Sport-Trac. :)

Looks great, I love it !!
I guess you had to shorten the frame too. How much did you cut and how hard was it to relocate the bumper mounts?

Looks good.

We took out 14.25 inches. This is about the max you can take out before you have to make major changes. we moved the rear cross member up and re bolted it into place. The shackle now is about 1" behind the rear bumper. I had a home mad bumper on the rear that was completly cut up to make reattached. I need to grind the rivits out that hold the shackle bracket then use those holes to mount a new bumper that will be made. It took us about 14 hours total do it 10 am till midnight only stopping for lunch and dinner. I still have a few things that need to be done to finish it but i am pretty happy with how it turned out. One more thing. I need a 1" body lift so that the tailgate will work again. right now it only goes down half way.

Matt

Originally posted by RockRanger
took 14 " out

attachment.php

Looks great, I told you 14" would be the amount to take out.

1994 Bobbed Ranger

Dead Link Removed

Before the last cut
Dead Link Removed

Originally posted by RangerX
OMG you DID it!!!:eek:

Nice, nice, very nice!

My turn now!

the 93 and up body style is a little trickier then the flat sided ones...But i Have done it, if you want to know any advice just ask.

Andrew

Look

My name as a Subject :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks great Matt

Helluva lotta work just to do Dump Bump :D. I wanna see you do Widowmaker on Metal Masher while you're at it :bounce:

Great job. See you in a few months!

You'll love the new departure angle you have...just about the same as a jeep.:D

I love haveing the shorter overhang. Went out and ran tank trap and never hit the bumper.

Gerald,

I told you I was serious about dump bump. The other obsticales we will have to see when I get there. Depends alot if I have my 35"s auto and nerfbars :D

The older rangers are not completly strait eather. The inside lip is about a quarter of an inch off. We lined up the outside and let the inside take care of it self. Also the back is tapered at the bottom so we had to cut the bottom 6" or so off. I am liking it more and more. Now if i would ever get around to painting it all one color

Matt

Originally posted by RockRanger

I told you I was serious about dump bump. The other obsticales we will have to see when I get there. Depends alot if I have my 35"s auto and nerfbars :D

It just sucks that they closed it down this year. Maybe there is something else out there that will give you just as much of a kick. :D

Re: hmmmm

Originally posted by fixer
reminds me of the "I lost my a$$ in Vegas/Reno" t-shirts. now, if you had a supercab on there, and shortened the front of the bed, you'd have a retro Ranger Sport-Trac. :)

hmmm.. I have an 87 Ranger 2wd xtra cab I been thinkin of doin a baja type thing with it.. retro Sport Trac eh..
hmmmm....
Jim

They closed dump bump? How stupid! What could have possibly been hurt by leaving it open? Some endangered grains of sand???

Originally posted by Rick
They closed dump bump? How stupid! What could have possibly been hurt by leaving it open? Some endangered grains of sand???

Dead Link Removed

Yep... Probably some kind of a rare grain of sand or something crappy like that.

Hey Matt,
It looks good!!

They didn't close Dump Bump. I looked it over when I ran Hell's Revenge last November. What they did was close off the right side climb, the one NEXT to Dump Bump, that a lot of us played on last spring. They loaded big boulders in front of it and fenced it off with metal ranch fence stakes. Dump Bump itself is still open, which seems to agree with the second post in the link that Ryan provided. According to Moab Austin's post in the Pirate4x4 link, evidently greenies are trying to close the rest of the area. But he hasn't updated any news, so assumably it's still open. I hope he updates that thread so that we can do something about it and know who to contact to fight it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good! I may have to think about something like that...
Love wheelin' in the Ranger - prefer the stick over the auto in the Ex. Just need something else for the household chores before I hack off any of the already limited haulin' space!

Back