Body Colored Door Handles [?] on Ex incl a kinda lame Yahoo article about AWD | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Body Colored Door Handles [?] on Ex incl a kinda lame Yahoo article about AWD

isiwibi

Reaction score
City, State
Southern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
Hey All,

Here's a not-so-serious thread just posted for discussion/speculation about one small aspect of our 2011+ Explorers...

Here's the link to the article if you wanted to check it out: http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/putting-wheel-drive-winter-test-165310222.html and a direct link to the image alone:
explorersnowbank.jpg

The Yahoo article does seem/read like a thinly-veiled advertisement for Ford versus a real report on the actual benefits of 4WD/AWD and considering any other makes/models.

I've seen talk on this forum before regarding the 2011+ Ex's door handles being either Black on the Base Model/Police Interceptor or Chrome [covered?] on the XLT/LTD/Sport and thought this image of what I suspect is a Sport [based on the grille/hood badge since it is halfway under snow and the wheels are obscured] might be a sign of what might be available on the MY 2014s[?].

Although, IMHO I still think the Sport would look better if the black-out theme was carried through the door handles and the body-colored/monochromatic handles was limited to the Limited [pun intended] and the Chrome/Silver Door handles [maybe] just for the XLTs...but again that's just my opinion.

What's yours?

Mike [isiwibi]

Sure those handles are white? When I zoom in, it looks like they are not the same color as the rest of the white paint. Maybe chrome reflecting the white snow?

Ah, yes...Good Point! You're probably right and I just jumped the gun in assuming they've changed things. [Now if it was a Black Explorer it would've been totally obvious, and I wouldn't even have made this post, LOL!

Oh well, now that I've put it out there, there's no taking it back now!

I just figured the press mules that Ford provides for these tests/articles are usually the newest/latest models with the Manufacturers Plates and such and I guess I was just hopeful that they've made some little changes. Anyhow...

Back