• Register Today It's free!

Body colored side mouldings

roamingphantom

Reaction score
City, State
NYC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 EX Limited, 302A

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So i noticed i am getting dinged by inconsiderate NY drivers when they opened their doors. Probably those huge overweight ones - lol. Of course if i caught one of them i'd probably have to be arrested. Anyway i just found this and was wondering if anyone here tried it or had any better solutions.

http://www.bodysidemoldings.com/For...olding-with-Chrome-Insert-p/cf-explorer11.htm

Thanks for the input
I had those on my Highlanders. While they were okay, they don't protect against every possibility. On most SUV's the part of the rear door that will contact the vehicle next to it will be above the mid point of the other door because of the way it is designed.

Peter

body side molding

Had the same problem with door dings purchased body side molding from Sportwing.com a division of Dawn Enterprises. They have two styles for the Explorer, the one I purchased was the plain body color set for $89.00 it is installed 4" above the factory strip and gives the best protection from those idiots who just don't care.

@2011 - Can you post a close up pic of yours so i can get a better idea of how it looks. If you dont mind.

THanks

body side molding

Not sure how to post pictures, but pictures are available on the web site sportwing.com for both styles of molding.

Went ahead with the order. Lets see how it arrives

Wanted to post an update.
I went ahead with the order from Sportwing. Requesting the Platinum White matching paint. Received it within a werk. The product looks fantastic, will be installing over the weekend.

Next update - PICS.

Cheers!

Back