• Register Today It's free!

Body control module

Roberth78

Reaction score
City, State
Southern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer XLT
Hey everyone, so I think I'm going to attempt this ambient lighting that I was asking about last week. I was able to get some instructions that are pretty straightforward from the dealer. But I have one question, does anyone know where the BCM is? Is it near the elusive fuse box? ;)

It gives what wire to connect to etc, but I just can't seem to figure out what a BCM is. I know it has to do with communications of the car etc, but don't know what it LOOKS like. And what I should be looking for.

The instructions say to remove the steering column panel and that new black cover plate underneath it, that seems to have appeared on newer models. So I assume it's somewhere in there, near that fuse box location... Anyone have any idea?

Below is a copied instruction line from the actual instruction document that I was sent...

32. Identify the Yellow/Green parking light circuit wire at the body control module (BCM) connector C2280D pin 18.
33. Connect the White wire from the ambient lighting harness to the Yellow/Green parking light circuit wire at the BCM connector C2280D pin 18.

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would suggest going to www.fordparts.com

Look up Body Control Module and see if they have an exploded view diagram

Have tried calling your dealer's parts department and asking them? They usually have manuals on this type of thing.

Peter

As I mentioned in reply to your other post in the 'Discussion' forum, try calling your dealer's part department if you don't get an answer here.
I have also modified your 'title' to hopefully get a response.

Peter

Thanks for that! This helps to confirm exactly where I thought it was. After some googling and research late last night, I was able to conclude that all those bunches of wires that hide the fuse box are the connectors to the BCM! So today I was even able to see the shape of the c2280d connector through some ford diagrams, so I'm hoping it will be slightly easier to identify it.

Today I'm going under the dash to see what I'm in for! Haha!

Peter, yes, I may just do that also just in case to confirm if I'm doubting anything. I went to ford parts.com, and after some extensive searching (site is definitely a challenge to sort through), I was able to come up with a better idea as well. Thanks for that too!

After I get this thing done, I'll hope to do a write up on it, as it seems I may be the first to self install these lights.

I'm determined to figure this out now!! Haha!

Hi
I have a Ford Explorer limited 2014 I can't find a diagram for the body control module
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Did post #6 not help in any way? The connector C2280D is shown right under the #5 in the diasgram below.

1639497638502.png

Peter

Hey everyone, so I think I'm going to attempt this ambient lighting that I was asking about last week. I was able to get some instructions that are pretty straightforward from the dealer. But I have one question, does anyone know where the BCM is? Is it near the elusive fuse box? ;)

It gives what wire to connect to etc, but I just can't seem to figure out what a BCM is. I know it has to do with communications of the car etc, but don't know what it LOOKS like. And what I should be looking for.

The instructions say to remove the steering column panel and that new black cover plate underneath it, that seems to have appeared on newer models. So I assume it's somewhere in there, near that fuse box location... Anyone have any idea?

Below is a copied instruction line from the actual instruction document that I was sent...

32. Identify the Yellow/Green parking light circuit wire at the body control module (BCM) connector C2280D pin 18.
33. Connect the White wire from the ambient lighting harness to the Yellow/Green parking light circuit wire at the BCM connector C2280D pin 18.

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Hi I have a Ford Explorer limited 2014 I need a diagram for the body control module

Back