• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Body damage

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
I feel your pain. My last car (a Tahoe) I had 2 people hit me in 2 months. I hope you buy a dash cam after this as i realized how bad some drivers are out there and having that mounted up there is a safety net for insurance claims.
He was rear-ended in the latest incident so a dash cam wouldn't have helped, unfortunately. Need one for the rear as well as one member did.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

dstewart51

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake Hughes, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Callsign
KJ7E
At least the girl was honest and had admitted fault to her insurance. Ill be taking it in to the body shop next week so they can pull it apart and inspect the hidden items.

dstewart51

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake Hughes, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Callsign
KJ7E
Turns out, the first guy who hit me may not have had insurance, but it was not his Expedition and it did have insurance, Allstate, same as me which made the claim a cinch, nothing out of pocket from me. Already been paid by both insurance company's, the Explorer is at the body shop. The trailer hitch took a big hit and is bent slightly, no damage to the frame. Unfortunately, most of the body parts alone with the hitch are on back-order, so I will be stuck in a rental car for a few weeks yet again.

Forddealz

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Turns out, the first guy who hit me may not have had insurance, but it was not his Expedition and it did have insurance, Allstate, same as me which made the claim a cinch, nothing out of pocket from me. Already been paid by both insurance company's, the Explorer is at the body shop. The trailer hitch took a big hit and is bent slightly, no damage to the frame. Unfortunately, most of the body parts alone with the hitch are on back-order, so I will be stuck in a rental car for a few weeks yet again.
Tell them to give you an ST as a rental. We as an ST owner's, expect nothing less.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Tell them to give you an ST as a rental. We as an ST owner's, expect nothing less.
Just keep in mind that neither the dealer nor Ford is obligated to even provide a rental/loaner. In this case, I believe it is the insurance company that is or should be paying the bill. Anytime I had collision repairs done, I was able to pick a vehicle from Enterprise.

Peter

Rossi6998

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Whittier, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Too bad... Sorry to hear about the multiple accidents. Hopefully, the repairs will meet your expectations.

Axles of Evil

Reaction score
City, State
Louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Platinum
Thought I'd share this tidbit regarding dash cams. I have one of these, and it records both front facing windshield activities on the road AND rear cabin activity and is clear enough to see out of the rear side and back windows. The resolution is great, and it is very compact. Both cameras have very wide angles of view so they don't miss much.

https://www.amazon.com/N2-Pro-Infra...t=&hvlocphy=9025388&hvtargid=pla-492869282785

Wow...that's a long address....so this is for the VANTRUE N2 Pro Dual Dash Camera. Be aware that you need to buy separately the GPS mount which is inexpensive....in order to get speed and location mapping integrated into the video. Otherwise the standard mount will only record the front/back video. Why the hell it doesn't come with GPS?....who knows, but it is available and also works great. The videos are easily downloaded from the camera to any MP4 player using a micro-USB cable, or you can use the dedicated computer app made by Vantrue that shows shock impacts, speed, location etc. A really nice little camera that works. As with the AutoStop Eliminator, I am not associated with this product, just happen to buy one from Amazon and want to recommend to others who might be concerned about looking backwards as well as forwards at the same time using one compact camera.

Axles of Evil

Reaction score
City, State
Louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Platinum
I had a Honda Civic bought new in 1987. At the first traffic light after picking it up....yep...rear ended. I knew at that moment the car was jinxed. It was a magnet for every stone chip and after three months looked like a spotted owl. Its demise came that winter when some a$$wipe pulled out from a side road where I had no choice but to T-Bone the fool...and that wrote it off as a result of 3/4 of the body panels were crushed or buckled, and the uni-body was bent. I was NOT SAD to see it go, and knowing then and there after I finally stopped spinning on the ice in the middle of that snowy four lane highway...that the prophecy had been subsequently fulfilled.

He was driving a 71 El Camino which practically showed no damage!!!!

Sometimes, there are cars that just attract bother for some reason.....

Sgt1411

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
VanBC/GoodyearAZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer SPORT