• Register Today It's free!

body damage

jme94xlt

Reaction score
City, State
Cookeville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 ZJ
i need some advice from you guys on a few things. during the fall two years ago, i had an accident in my explorer (i rearended someone on the interstate when traffic stopped suddenly), and had some body damage. the front left fender needs to be replaced, and the hood, right headlight housing, grille, the body piece between the grille and the bumper need to be replaced. i took it to an auto body/glass shop and had a guy check it out for me, and he looked in the engine bay and said the radiator support was bent (on the right side, as you're looking at the front of the truck). i also have no idea if the frame was bent in any way, but i guess i would have noticed if it was because it might have affected the drivability. i know it's been awhile, and i haven't gotten any of it fixed yet, or any estimates or anything.

i also had planned on keeping this truck for a long long time to come, and plan a major buildup for it in the next three or four years. with the existing body damage, i will definitely be replacing the hood, grille, headlight housing, and body piece under the grille. i was wondering though, if i should go ahead and get a set of Perry's flared fenders for all 4 corners. it'd help in the future, but would it be worth it to put on a stock explorer, or should i just find a fender for $50 or $60 and paint it and bolt it on instead?

i did some searching and found a site that sells body parts for tons of vehicles (http://www.autobodypartsonline.com). here's the list of things i need:

91-94 headlamp passenger side: $51.99
93-94 fender driver side: $44.79
91-94 chrome grille: $45.59
91-94 hood: $61.59
91-94 radiator support: $75.19

the total comes to $279.15. what do you guys think? i don't know if this company just sells the parts and ships them, or if they'll paint them for you. has anyone else here ordered from them before?

Back