Body Lift Complete (Before & After) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Body Lift Complete (Before & After)

Dweeberman

Reaction score
City, State
Citrus Heights, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer Sport
Well after a long hard week, i managed to complete the 3in body lift by myself during the evenings after work. Sadly i do not have any progress pictures anymore, only before & after. Hopefully you all enjoy the few pictures (taken from my phone so quality may not be great). I started on 7/21 and completed on 7/29...took a lot longer than expected but only could work on it a few hours at a time and needed to wait for help on 2 days with some of the body mounts being unbolted.

Before:
ExplorerSide-2.jpg

ExplorerSide-1-1.jpg

Untitled.jpg

ExplorerBack-1.jpg

To now:
EXPLORERAFTERBL-SIDE.jpg

EXPLORERAFTERBL-F-ANGLE.jpg

EXPLORERAFTERBL-FRONT.jpg

EXPLORERAFTERBL-R-ANGLE-2.jpg

EXPLORERAFTERBL-REAR.jpg

Now time to save money to re-gear her! (4.56's)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice sport u got there u got a sound clip of that super 10 series flowmaster

Looks really good!

nice sport u got there u got a sound clip of that super 10 series flowmaster

Oddly enough, i do not have one but you can bet once i get back home this afternoon i will try and get one. My only problem (not sure if it is everyone) but mine limits me to a 3k rpm rev unless in drive. Is there an easy fix to this or am i stuck with 3k rpm revs?

what about in neutral?

what about in neutral?

Both neutral and park it will only go to 3k then acts like its redlining (which its not) but when in gear (1,2,D,R) it will allow the RPM's to actually redline at i think 6kish...i know putting a chip in can eliminate the governor but is this whats happening? i never had this before but i see it as possibly a good thing therfore no one will accidentally hit the throttle and redline it out...maybe :)

i have no idea why it's be doing that :dunno:. It might be a califonistan emmisions related thing? i've been able to rev up to atleast 5k if not higher in park when i've done exhaust clip videos.

you're sport does look good though. Don't understand why people fancy cragar soft 8 style so much though :banghead:

Yea it very well could be that...but if California is worried about explorers emmision systems with the rpm's, then we seriously need to re-evaluate our emmision system requirements lol. Yea i didnt want to go with the cragars as i purchased my pro comps from the local 4wheelparts store that is 15 minutes from my house (got to see them in person). I would have gone with some decent chrome wheels but i figured, being a Raider's fan and already have blacked out windows with a silver body, that i would go silver and black all the way around lol. Its my unmarked (except for my license plate cover which states: Silver and Black Raider Attack) Raider supporter :)

That is part of the engine controls intended to prevent engine damage. It is not present in all revisions of the ECUs.

That is part of the engine controls intended to prevent engine damage. It is not present in all revisions of the ECUs.

ahh and thats make sense...but what if i want engine damage :D lol...do you know of a way to eliminate that control? I will most likely leave it the way it is but i am curious now.

After doing some reading around, i guess the only fix is a chip/controller. Oh well, makes it difficult if i wanted to do a sound clip of my 10 series flowmaster :) Thank you all for helping thus far!!

Don't worry about it. You can get plenty of sound before 3k. I think people who rev real high for an exhaust clip are silly anyway.

Don't worry about it. You can get plenty of sound before 3k. I think people who rev real high for an exhaust clip are silly anyway.

I had no idea they even had a rev limiter for park/neutral

Great Looking Sport! Nothing beats silver with black wheels.

Great Looking Sport! Nothing beats silver with black wheels.

Thank you! Yea she is due for a bath this weekend. I have yet to give her one since the tires were installed some time ago...i just happen to live in a dusty area and it always gets caked with dust/dirt. Soon i will be moving to Missoula, Montana (next summer) and it is making me contemplate if i should put an aussie locker in the rear when i have her re-geared. From what i heard, lockers are not that great for snow? if only i could afford a selectable ;)

Now you have plenty of room for suspension travel.

Yea i can't wait to test the travel out. I am contemplating removing the rear sway bar still but I mainly drive in Town right now and i dont see as much off-road time as i would like....any thoughts on this?

Looks good. I wouldn't recommend disconnecting the swaybar links for on road travel. Your handling in corners and sharp lane changes is noticeably reduced.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back