Body lift done, got some info for you... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Body lift done, got some info for you...

Explodersport

Reaction score
City, State
Chesterfield, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Sport
Alright, I did my body lift on friday, finished the bumpers on saturday morning, drove it sat. night and today to make sure everything was bolted on well and in working order. I used the summit body lift 78-883 something like that, instead of the PA 883 lift kit. It was $30 cheaper and as far as I can tell, was just a relabeled PA kit. All the parts were exactly the same and even the loc-tite said PA on the bottle. Anyone else interested in doing a lift for the 98-00 should look at this kit, I was very impressed with it.
I fab-ed up my own radiator mounts with the leftover bed lift blocks and the rubber grommet from the original radiator support. It is very sturdy and very nice. I love the way it turned out. I might be able to get pics if anyone is interested. I got a few leftover lifting blocks, bed lifting blocks, the bumper brackets(front and rear), and misc. bolts and other crap from the kit, if anyone needs anything lemme know, I dont think I will need much of this stuff. Also, the write ups on here wer extremely helpful, you guys are awesome. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cool. What size tires are going on it? :D

was thinking 33 geolanders M/Ts. Havent fully decided yet. Either that or procomp of BF MTs. I want to stick with the stock rims so should I get wheel spacers to get my tires out to the sides a little or will the new tires take care of that? Was thinking 305/70R16 which are 32.8"...

Cool info. Glad it worked out well for you.

-Drew

i just did a lift on my 96' sport... used a ranger kit gave me 3" tryin to suspension next any ideas?? i head you can throw the axle under the leaf.... giving you 5 and a half or so inches

eh, you get more like 4 inches. If I were you, I would get a 4dr leaf pack instead of using the mono leaf that is stock on the sport before doing the SOA conversion, but thats just my opinion. The stock mono is a little soft and you will get a lot of torque twist (cant remember the name) under accelleration. My next step is getting my tire selection in order, then I think I will be done, might go bigger, but I doubt it at this point. I am happy with my setup, but I also have Shackles and TT.

Back