Body Lift Help | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Body Lift Help

I went with 17 inch wheels for better road manners plus 15s would be way to small for these wheels.

Looks a lot like this :D

IMG_3450.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think I'll have someone make the brush guard mounts for me. Unless you want a second go-round on that lol

If I get around to welding anything before you get some made, I'd give it another shot for sure. I hope to get at least a skid plate made this summer but also aiming for sliders and possibly another try at brush guard mounts for myself. Those were my first and only attempts at welding so far. Got some practice to do.

You ain't kiddin'. I can't speak for 35's but the first time I drove mine after lift/tires I couldn't stop smiling lol....

I'm still smiling 6 months later but want to go bigger. Superlift kit and get 4 more inches and maybe get some 36s or go sas/soa and go even bigger id love to have those 38 mud grapplers but wishful thinking and ill never have that much money. It took me nearly a year collecting up parts to do what i have now.

Finally got it done!! Drove it around a bit running errands and I couldn't stop smiling. I love this thing!

Still have to get brackets fabbed up for my brush guard but since I don't have any experience with that, they'll have to wait a little while.

Here's some quick pics

photo1-5.jpg

photo2-5.jpg

photo3-4.jpg

photo4-3.jpg

photo1-6.jpg

Some before and after shots:

100_0752.jpg

TT/Shackles:

photo4.jpg

And after body lift:

photo1-5.jpg

I had my brush guard for months before I made brackets and got it mounted.

Something tells me that might happen to me too. Then again I might look around. There's some good guys in machine shops around here I could ask.

Something tells me that might happen to me too. Then again I might look around. There's some good guys in machine shops around here I could ask.

Seriously - it's not a job that will take a good welder long at all..

I'll take some pictures of mine to show what they did so you can show the welder you're gonna ask... They'll laugh and say, come back in an hour. lol

Thanks you can pm me the pics if its easier.

And yeah the compliments have already started. I had to run some errands and naturally took that. One of my stops included Lowes... Lots of guys with pickups checkin it out lol

20120316_171549.jpg

Here's one that I had on my photobucket. If you look, he basically measured to see where he needed to slice the whole bracket in two, in order to clear the frame end, then - added another piece of same gauge plate to weld it back together (the little triangle piece) . Fits good, imo.

I guess those pictures I sent you showed you how much to cut off of the bumper and cover? Glad to see it's all done now.

I guess those pictures I sent you showed you how much to cut off of the bumper and cover? Glad to see it's all done now.

Yeah I only had one little spot but the damn thing was still crooked. I ended up cutting heavy duty washers in half and put them on the top sides of the brackets and then sunk 4 screws though the end of the bumper cover into the metal on the wheel wells. Thanks a million - couldn't have finished without your pointers along they way.

Luke - Thanks for the pic of the bracket. Helps me understand a little better what I need myself

Also offtrac thanks for the trimming help. Your write-ups saved me a lot of time and pain. I only had to cut a little extra once or twice instead of 1000 times.

What size are those tires? 35s on what 17s or 18s?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

17s

Back