Body Lift kit bronco II on Explorer?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Body Lift kit bronco II on Explorer??

AlaskanJack

Elite Cabin-Fever Captain
Reaction score
City, State
Centralia, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 , 93 & 01 Sports
I found a real cheap body lift kit from trailmaster on ebay brand new. Its an older body lift kit never installed for a bronco II the kit number is B336P. Will this work on an 2dr 93 Sport?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It should work on a 2 door Ex. same number of body mounts if I am not mistaken............

PM 410 Fortune and I'm sure he'd count how many body mounts are on his BII. I'll try to call my father-in-law this afternoon and ask him also. That should get you closer to your answer.

I've been watching some BL for Wranglers on eBay. They are polished alloy. That would look cool.

Well that was what I was thinking and for $26 bucks not a bad deal.

Well see, ask and you shall receive while I am typing!!:eek:

Thanks 410

Originally posted by NOTAJP
I've been watching some BL for Wranglers on eBay. They are polished alloy. That would look cool.

Would the BL for a wrangler work on a 4 door explorer or am I mistaken and you have a wrangler and are looking for your wrangler? Or am I just wacked out of my gourd?

I didn't mean to hijack the thread either. :)

am I just wacked out of my gourd?

You are whacked allright!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by AlaskanJack
You are whacked allright!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :D :D :D :D

Okay so that's 2 out of 10 people ;)

I don't have a wrangler but I thought I might get one to fit but adding a few extra spacers someday if I thought I needed a body lift.

OK, but you are still wacked ;)

Originally posted by NOTAJP
OK, but you are still wacked ;)

Okay so that's 3 out of 10 people.:D BTW: How many body mounts are on a 4 door explorer? I counted 10. Is this right?

I will no longer hijack this thread and do a search when I don't feel as lazy. :)

I dunno, I will have to count also. My buddy has a Wrangler so I'll count his too. How many are on a 2dr?

I believe the BII and 2 door Explorer have 8 total
I believe the 4 door Ex and Ranger have 10

But my stupid truck is engineless 20 miles away and I cant go count till tonight......sorry :)

I used a BL off of my '89 S-10 Blazer. You will have to make your own bumper brackets which isn't too difficult.

I did a 3" lift and added a U-joint to the steering shaft to take care of the angle.

I have heard of people making their own BLs by using pipe cut to length and welding plates on the top and bottom. One guy I knew had a 5" BL on his Chevy...I wouldn't go that high with a BL though!

Back