Body lift questions and help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Body lift questions and help

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer XLT
I want to put the PA body lift on my 2000 XLT. I already have TT/Shackles done. The only problem is I don't have the tools or the place to install it. The only place to work on the truck is in front of my house which is on a steep hill. So my question is will a shop install a body lift made for a ranger on and EX? has anyone had a shop install the lift for them? and if so what problems did they face? I really want to clear 33s but installing the lift my self is just simply out of reach. Any help on these questions would be great. :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there is always some shop some where that will be willing to take on any job, best bet would be a truck accessory shop. the question is how much. I did mine in my shop and it took me a couple hours. I sprayed all the body bolts with penetrating fluid for a few days beforehand. the only thing I had a problem with was a couple of the bolts in the kit were not long enough to reach so I re-used some of the longer OEM bolts (really not that big of an issue). other then that it was pretty straight forward. any reputable shop should have it done in a short amount of time.

Thanks for the info I just got 33s mounted on some new wheels delivered to my house so I think I am gonna go head and pull the trigger on it

there is always some shop some where that will be willing to take on any job, best bet would be a truck accessory shop. the question is how much. I did mine in my shop and it took me a couple hours. I sprayed all the body bolts with penetrating fluid for a few days beforehand. the only thing I had a problem with was a couple of the bolts in the kit were not long enough to reach so I re-used some of the longer OEM bolts (really not that big of an issue). other then that it was pretty straight forward. any reputable shop should have it done in a short amount of time.

Does the PA body lift come with instructions? Lol

Yes it does, but there are variations because the instructions are written for the Ranger.

Back