• Register Today It's free!

body lift, test fit 35's

wrigley_1285

Reaction score
City, State
Decatur, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Sport
so thursday i finally ordered my body lift. instead of getting the PA 883, i got summit's brand body lift which is part number SUM-7888300. The PA brand is around $187, and the summit brand which is the exact same thing is only $107. the lift instructions in the box said they were for the 883 kit, so you know they are the same kit. anyways monday morning one of my friends and i got started working on the lift. the hardest part for us was getting the rear bumper off. i think that was bc i got rear ended 2 years ago and when the shop fixed it they used permanent locktite and tack welded the bolts into place. any ways here's what my truck looked like before.
P1010718.jpg

P1010719.jpg

and after 2 days of work, 3 runs to go get random stuff for the lift, 1 case of beer, 5 random people that stopped by and helped for a little while, trying every possible way to get the rear bumper mounts to work and failing, convincing my buddy to let me test fit his 35's on my truck, here's what it looks like when we were done.
P1010724.jpg

oh yeah i know it looks awesome. the only problem was that the rear bumper brackets didn't work. and we did forget to hook up one thing, the connector to the transfer case, but i took care of that. i really like the way my truck looks with 35's but the problem with them are i can't turn my steering wheel more than one half turn before the tires rub like crazy on the front bumper. they fitted perfectly in the rear with no rubbing, even when i flexed it. plus i don't know how well my truck will work with 35's and only 3.73 gears. but here's some more pics of my truck with 35's on it.
P1010725.jpg

P1010726.jpg

P1010727.jpg

P1010728.jpg

P1010729.jpg

P1010730.jpg

P1010731.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks cool......33" will look sweet.....by the way PA body lifts are easier to put on than Summit lifts.I've done both is how I know....

Looks pretty sick man! You are really stuffing those fronts!!! Sounds like you should get some 34's. You can get 34" LTB's. Not sure of any other brand that has a 34. Just look around. Or just get out the knife!!! lol

What size tires/lift did you have before the BL?

i have the tt/shackle lift on it as well. and i got almost 2.5 inches out of it. my tires are the same ones in the first two pics. they're wild country txr 30.9x9.50/15's. so they are pretty much a 31. it looks a little weird with only 31's and about 5.5 inches of lift.

plus i'm planning on putting in my 4 door leaf springs that have been sitting in the garage.

i'm probably going to end up getting some 33's bc this is still my daily driver. but i wouldn't mind have 35's and trimming my fenders, if i knew that my truck would be ok with only 3.73 gears.

how is the PA kit easier?

That looks awesome. I want a Sport so bad.

sick.. regear to 4.56 and get 35's!! i wish i had 35's..

thanks for all the comments

trj - that's funny you want a sport, bc i'm kind of starting to want a 4 door, lol

are 33's going to be ok with stock 3.73's?

thanks for all the comments

trj - that's funny you want a sport, bc i'm kind of starting to want a 4 door, lol

are 33's going to be ok with stock 3.73's?

It'll be slow but you should be ok.

I just want a sport because I'm tired of being the one who always drives my friends because I have the roomiest vehicle. That and I think they look waaay better lifted than a 4 door.

i'm ok with going slow bc i don't see the point of people flooring it to be the first person at the next red light.

either way 33s is a lot of stress on your transmission. you will constantly be jumping through gears on any incline.

What you pay for gears now you will save in drivetrain wearing out.

how would 4.10's be with 33's? i still want to be able to get good mpg on the highway.

where would be a good place to get gears from for a decent price?

also i have a L/S diff in the rear.

i got the summitracing brand bodylift it work just as good. took 3 hours to do the lift but the rear bumpertook another 2 hours but what a difference hahahahah. i need to find a set of 35s

looks awsome man!! how much back spacing are on those rims with the 35's? and is it easy to regear the diff?

I can help you with your rear bumper....Ill try to dig up some old pictures I took of how I did it....If I cant find them Ill post new ones up for you tomarrow.

i got the summitracing brand bodylift it work just as good. took 3 hours to do the lift but the rear bumpertook another 2 hours but what a difference hahahahah. i need to find a set of 35s

How did you do that in that short of a time? I heard it usually takes a whole day!:roll: Did you have a bunch of people helping you or something?

How did you do that in that short of a time? I heard it usually takes a whole day!:roll: Did you have a bunch of people helping you or something?

Maybe he got lucky and none of the bolts were stuck.

No joke man!!! If I keep my truck, I'm gonna soak mine with PB for at least a week before I do it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i'm ok with going slow bc i don't see the point of people flooring it to be the first person at the next red light.

LMAO, dude that is so true, I always laugh so hard when I catch up to the rice burners that tore off from the last light. Ex looks really good Wrigley, heres a pic of what mine looks like with BFG 33s, definitely was worth it.

28mh3yh.jpg

The tires fit perfectly, no rubbing at all! I was totally stoked. Also, if you had any questions as to how to try and fit the rear bumper, I took an insane amount of pictures and am planning on doing a 3" writeup next weekend, so hopefully it will help out a lot of people in the future :D

Back