Body Lift tips and stories | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Body Lift tips and stories

Hey how did you install the parking brake relocation bracket? I never installed mine but now I am swapping in a manual and i need to fix my parking brake. Did you have to drill any holes?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

for you any one with a 98 or so 2door sport which bodylift from performance accessories would you use. as in single or extended cab ranger bl. im just wanting to get heads up before i start buying and no thread i found has answered my question.

The parking brake relocation goes under the dirvers side door where the body bushing is. You have to drill 1/4 inch holes on the bushing holder and it bolts up. Here is a good link to use for the lift.

http://www.explorer4x4.com/bodylift.html

I finished the rear bumper today which was a PITA. But now I know how to put it on.

real quick.i hav heard that the steering shaft ext. is sometimes not always necessary..and vehicles will steer better without the ext.

truth to this?

I didn't install my steering shaft ext, and it felt odd for a few days but eventually the kinks worked themselves out and now theres not issue with the steering.

I ran mine for a while with the extension in, but later removed it. Steers better without. I wouldn't bother.

DO check the condition of your rag joints while you are doing this type of work. The extra angles can wear them out faster.

yeah mines stil feelin crappy i PB'd it a couple times..i may end up tking it out i suppose..its def a pain right now

Back