• Register Today It's free!

Body Lift Write-up?

96Xtreme

Reaction score
City, State
Muskegon, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
Hey, I have searched the site many times and read many different things about installing the PA 3 inch body lift. I was wondering if anybody did a detailed write-up specifically for a 96, 4 door. Thanks for the help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I haven't seen anything specific but it may be out there somewhere. I put a 3" on my 94 and just took it off last weekend. The key is preparation. Spray those bolts down for at least a week ahead of time and they come right out. The rest is pretty straight forward and nothing to worry about.

that is a good one!!

wow thats great. ive see that write up before but forgot where! since im going to be ordering my BL (883) tomorrow, i might just print that bad boy out. thanks, dominican

just ordered a 2 inch for myself this week...

haha yeah i couldnt wait.. just got done ordering it from summit

same here less than $100.00 with shipping

100 bucks for a 2 inch lift. sweet. could you gimme some more info on where you got that? thanks

bought it from summitt..
kit 792 i believe??

right on... i got this one

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...art=PRA-PA-883&autoview=sku&Ntk=KeywordSearch

i just hope since my girlfriends sisters fiance works at a fabrication place, he can fab me up some of those rear bumper brackets with some extra metal he has laying around the shop. Hopefully i, meaning my girls sis's fiance and her dad, will be doing the install in 2 weeks at her dads shop (hes an 18wheeler mechanic) with power lifts, air tools, the whole sh'bang.

The install isn't too bad it took me all of maybe three hours in my drive way by myself.

wow really? do you have manual or automatic transmission?

im really hoping it goes smoothly, plans are as follows:
1. get up bright and early
2. drive an hour away to the warehouse
3. install (or watch it be installed) =\
4. drive an hour home
5. get 32"s put on with new rims

all in one or two days

yep

You can get one from Autozone for around $95 + tax , comes with bumper brackets, I think:thumbsup: (made by Performance Accessories or Trailmaster), I can't remember which :confused: , but I think it's PA. you have to pay for shipping if you want it in less than a week. They have a friendly return policy too, no restocking fee like mail order.

recieved my lift today, hopefully this weekend of next ill be installing it. w00t.

i recieved my PA #853 2 days ago and looking forward to putting it on in a week. i keep reading about spraying bolts to make the take out easier? where are these bolts on the truck and will it really make a difference or will i just be wasting my time? anyone with experience putting this kind of lift on their truck would be a lot of help to me and my friend. thanks

They are talking about the body bolts mainly. After 10 years of them being in there, it really needs to be sprayed to make it a little easier to get them to actually move. There are probably some other bolts that you'll need to loosen when installing it, but since I haven't installed a BL before, I don't know what other stuff needs to be taken apart. Just read the directions and see what bolts it says need to be loosened and spray them done once or twice before installing it(a day or two before so it can settle)

Body Lift Bolts

If you have the time you can view pics at the following location.

If you can't see the link, copy and paste the following directly into your browser:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=mj47glm.ayslt1ey&x=0&y=-b7gh2h

it is a PA883 3 inch lift on a 1998 XLT 4wd. Other than the steering wheel on the RIGHT SIDE everything else is pretty close. The bumper bracket diagrams on this site are good but have the wrong size holes. This is a work in progress and I just received the correct 8.8 bolts for the rear bumper today and will change them on the weekend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

aww it says i have to join kodak in order to view the pics :(

Back