Body lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Body lift

ChrisnDes

Reaction score
I am really wanting to lift my 96 eddie, but I dont want to spend the high price of a suspension lift when I want it lifted for looks. So I want to put a body lift on it, however I have looked high and low even uner the coffee table and I cant find a body lift for my year why is this? and if you know of one let me know where I can find it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dont want to discourage you but, i would steer away with the body lift if i were you. save up for the suspension and you'll be extreamly happy if you did.

you'll be happy either way and your wallet will thank you if you do a body lift ecspecially if you're doing it just for looks....you won't find a '96 specific body lift you'll have to use a perfomance accesories #853 body lift for a ranger and build some bumper brackets...try searching the forum for the brackets and you'll come up with the exact dimensions

So thats really my only option? Well what about doing a torsion lift and add a leaf? I have read that that will tighten up my suspension but the explorer has a soft ride already so it wont be too bad.

Do the body lift -- everyone's doing it!

Look, you can even see them here:
paragon_14.jpg

Ah yah, look at those little suckers chilling under there.

So thats really my only option? Well what about doing a torsion lift and add a leaf? I have read that that will tighten up my suspension but the explorer has a soft ride already so it wont be too bad.

no obviously it's not your only option but if you're only doing it for looks why sacrifice ride quality with a torsion twist and add a leaf...it wouldn't make sense in your case

(quick hijack)
white96X, we missed ya at pismo part-deux...:D

ok so does it have to be for a ranger the same year because I am only finding them for 98-00

You need the PA 853 body lift. The 883 is for 98 and up. Ford changed the steering shaft coupler design in 1998.

It's not that bad if you're relatively handy. There are tons of thread on it. Run a search or two.

Back