Body Lift | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Body Lift

Tailtorcher

Reaction score
City, State
Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Xlt
Hey guys,
Just a quick question about a bl. I wanted to get a 3" BL do I have to get extensions for anything like steering? I do have an automatic transmisson if that changes anything. Im also kinda new to this whole offroad thing so if i don't know what your talking about sorry.:)

Join the Elite Explorers $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BLOODBANE

Reaction score
City, State
Canon City, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
A good quality kit should come with everything you will need. The kit I got (don't remember the name) even had brackets to pick the bumpers back up where they belong. To answer your question though, yes you will need an extension for your steering shaft. Having an automatic you should be fine with (I didn't have to with mine anyways). Hope this helps you a little.....

MountainMonkey

Reaction score
City, State
canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 xlt
get a performance accesories body lift. comes with everything like bloodbane said.... bumper brackets radiator brackets stearing extension and all the bolts. and depending on how seized the bolts are should easily be done in an afternoon. i didnt use the stearing extension that came with mine because it was a b*tch to do and i havent had any problems. although my stearing gearbox did stop working shortly after but im not sure if that was related to the body lift or not

Tailtorcher

Reaction score
City, State
Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Xlt
Thanks for the info guys I was looking into a P A bl anyway.

jd4242

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
va beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
92explorer&94 ranger
Body lift has proven to be one of my best mods .tons of what I've done to my truck would not have been able to happen if i didnt have that extra room between my frame and body.look at some of my threads about my front and rear hitchs i made;)