B-MAN

Reaction score
City, State
Chico,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 EB
Hey everybody this site rocks!!
On to the important stuff.
I have decided on the 3 in. body for my 93 EB 4x4. I wanted the 3 in. over the 2 in. because for the extra inch of height its worth 10-20$ more. I have been shopping around and the prices vary quite a bit. I saw some for $50 at 4x4 warehouse and others for $100.
I want to know why is there is such a price difference. Also what brand is best for quality. Trailmaster seems like a good body lift but I haven't been able to get the price on it.
Also the other important question is size tire. I want to get a 32x1250 on 15x8 black rims. Will that work or should I go with 32x1150? Also I like the wide stance so what kind of backspacing should i get?
If anyone knows anything please replie it would be great help. I'm out in Northern CA so if there are any local shops or people that you can recommend I would be more than grateful to stop by. Thanks

B-MAN

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

where you at?

hey Bman where are you at in northern california, i am in sacramento, just wanted to know....thanks......travis

The trailmaster was out of production for a while, because when I ordered mine from a local car performance parts place, they never got it in, and then i went to 4wheelparts.com and ordered the trailmaster and they told me that they didn't have any in and wouldn't have any in for a while, so they sold me the performance accessories one for the trailmasters price. But I would go with the performance accessories one, unless the trailmaster has better bumper brackets, but I don't know about that. I am guessing that somehwere around $90 is the average price, the trailmaster is less, but I am sure it is of the same quality. About tires, you could probably get 32x11.50's on there, I have 31x10.50 and they fit without a problem and I have plent of room. I actully want to go bigger, maybe a 33, but I have to pay up to $500 on the wreck I got in a while back, $300 for the new clutch I needed, and I desperately need a new paint job (About $700), so new tires are not coming, plus I just got these tires about 5000 miles ago. I don't know about backspacing though, someone else will need to help you out on that one.

I would go with performance body lifts. They probably dont differ much from trailmaster or cepek. They come with everything you need, plus detailed instructions. Should run you close to $100. Dont be too hesistant about spending that much. The explorer lift is relatively cheap. My brothers got a 2000 Nissan that cost him nearly $250.

Thanx for the replies. This has helped make up my mind. Hopefully I'll get it soon and get tires after christmas sometimes.(hopefully) I'll probably go with 32x1150 because they are cheaper than the 32x1250 tsl swampers that I want.
Thanx again, if anyone knows about backspacing feel free to reply thanks.

Where are you all finding these body lifts? I haven't seen one for less than $100 and I have seen them up to $175. If you could direct me to a quality 3" body lift for under $100 I would be very greatful, especially one with good directions.
Thanks,
Matt

Go with the performance accessories lift. I ahve it - easy to install and runs about $100.00. It willl take you about 4-6 hours to install and the bumper brackets actually work!

Jon

Hey guys, does the performance accesories body lift come with front and rear bumper brackets? Is there anything to look out for other than the rusty bolts? (any specific wire relocation, etc?)

I just put my Performance Accessories 3" body lift on 2 days ago. I didn't have to relocate anything on the firewall but I did keep a close watch on everything in that area to see if it was getting tight. I did have to extend the engine ground cable. Penatrating oil and some brute force and ignorance took care of all of the stuck bolts. The kit did come with bumper brackets but I had to relocate the holes to fit my car and I made a custom lower fan shroud drop bracket. The one that came with the kit just didn't seem right.
Good luck,
Matt

Back