Body Mod. Questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Body Mod. Questions

I'm going to be finishing my interior pretty soon and am going to work on the exterior. What I plan on doing is change the front end, create a rollpan, and paint the vehicle. I have a 97 XLT and here are some questions I have.

1. How do you put a newer 99 front end on my explorer?
2. When creating a roll pan, should I use a Ranger roll pan for starts, or should I go with what Hartman did and use an F-150 front end.
3. What color should I paint the vehicle. Thats the last thing I have on my interior is to match with what the exterior is going to be. I was thinking yellow. But any input would be helpful.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1. Not 100% sure but I believe its a direct bolt on
2. Ranger roll pan is too short and F150 is too long. You can't lengthen it but you could surely shorten it.
3. Yellow would look like a NY Yellow Cab. I would go for all sinister black.

black!

Few people can actually pull off yellow. I like blues though if not black.

Go with the sonic blue color on the new fords. That is a really nice color and has nice depth to it.

the key is what is the current color of your Ex?
here is why. Painting the hood / door / lift gate jams will pretty much be a requirement. This step dramatically increases the cost of the job.
Color changes are no fun.

If you are stuck on a color change, black is a maintainace nightmare, but nothing and I mean nothing looks better when it is cleaned up.
( opinion )

Back