• Register Today It's free!

Body Molding

ffejeroni

Reaction score
City, State
Northville, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLS
I am in the garage right now, I just removed the tupperware, and want to take off the body molding. Has anyone done this? Is it a pain in the ass? I'd like to do it right now if anyone has any tips it would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its jsut held on by sitck tape... get some gloves and a pice of piano wire or fishing line..... you will need something to remove the tape residue/remnats chunks when you are done however

Well, it turned into a four hour job. I forgot I had to get some damage repaired on the front passanger door, they used a LOT thicker tape, and it took the bulk of the time. I took off the tuperware as well. Don't know if I am putting it back on or not, but I painted it black. I would probably just have to get the rivet holes filled in, and get the bottom repaited huh? Here's a couple pics after the fact...
1722098_10_full.jpg

1722098_15_full.jpg

1722098_12_full.jpg

1722098_11_full.jpg

Clean and simple.

I like it.

I know what I'm doing to mine next.

That is one nice X! Great job man.

looks good, now needs some meatier tires and a small lift ;)

That's exactly what I am gonna do. 3" body, AAL and TT. Will I have to extend any lines/wires or the driveshaft? Hopefully not. I'm doin glass feders, and 33's, safari rack and tons of lights. Thanks for the compliments guys...

ffejeroni said:
That's exactly what I am gonna do. 3" body, AAL and TT. Will I have to extend any lines/wires or the driveshaft? Hopefully not. I'm doin glass feders, and 33's, safari rack and tons of lights. Thanks for the compliments guys...

The BL is pretty straight forward, just follow the directions. But watch out for the A/C hose that gets close to the belt tensioner on the passenger side of you engine. It may rub but only when you first start your engine and the hose ain't cheap.

Back