• Register Today It's free!

Body Mount Bolts

Hawkeye18

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
Hey everyone, just joined this forum. My 2001 Explorer Sport needs new body mounts. I already plan to use the Daystar body mount replacement kit in the link below. However, living in the Midwest, I don't plan on being able to reuse the hardware. With that being said, I am having an extremely hard time finding the size and length of the bolts. Could anyone shed some light on what hardware I will need to buy? Also, will bolt sleeves be necessary? I already plan on using grade 8 hardware.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=KF04009BK

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford part numbers listed.

Match part numbers above. Sizes also listed.

I'll make it even easier for you.

liftbolts_zps5330aaea.jpg

Do these body mount bushings make a big difference in ride?
Even with new Michelins M/S 2's and new shocks, I feel like my XLT does note ride as smooth as it once did. I wonder if its these bushing mounts that are bad? I need to take a look.

Hello Hawkeye,
I spent 52 years in W'loo @ Deere before retiring and moving to SC 8 yrs ago!

I too replaced all bushings with the DayStar KF 04009 BK kit. Worked great for me and have no complaints - truck perfectly level again. I was able to re-use hardware however. Kit comes with bushings for anti-sway bar as well and good thing as mine were MIA.

Here's a previous thread on procedure (ref: post #11 ).

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389380

I used the daystar kit on my ex sport also, it felt great afterward...granted all of rears had disintegrated and every time I went over a bump the body slammed against the frame.

Go to the junk yard it 1995- about 1999 explorers bushings are fine. For whatever reason they are generally in good shape.

Back