• Register Today It's free!

Body Part Compatibility

RhainyC

Reaction score
City, State
Blaine, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Ranger XLT 4WD
As most folks know, my '91 Ranger XLT managed to argue with a cable barrier last year just about this time...

I need to replace the passenger front body parts, including: Bumper, bumper supports, (all the bits in between), fender, possibly grille, headlight/turn signals, wheel well moldings, and chrome.

So my main question is what years and parts from Explorers and Rangers will interchange? I know that the bumper stuff should be similar/same?

Any suggestions or help here would be greatly appreciated as I am going to start picking up bits and parts as money allows, in hopes of having her back to fine shape come the first of Spring.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your best bet (obviously) is to find ranger parts from 89-92.

I think the frame horns are actually different on the 89-92 ranger than the 91-94 explorer. So,I'm not sure the front bumpers will work. I'm not 100% sure of that though so maybe someone else will chime in on that.

The same year as above explorer/ranger fenders are the same shape and should fit, but have different body lines. The 89-91 (or whatever year they stopped making it) Bronco2 fenders should be the same as yours as well. Possibly even the 84-88 ranger/bronco2 fenders.

89-92 ranger
59200713757.jpg

91-94 explorer
DSC_0011.jpg

89-91 Bronco2
89B2.jpg

84-88 Ranger
Colin_85Ranger.jpg

Hope this helps and maybe someone else will correct me or add to what I've posted.

The only thing i know is that i hit a deer, had to replace a whole bunch of parts. The only thing not '94 was the trim piece between the bumper and the grill. It fits . . . but you can tell it was from a different year, '95 in this case. Most parts should be the same or similar, dont change generations like i did. Depending on what you want to do there are some aftermarket parts that look pretty cool, grill, headlights, fender flares. Since you are replacing much of this anyway you should look into that

you can use fenders from a 91-94 explorer but the body line is different and will not match up to your ranger doors. the headlights, buckets, turn signals, grille.. are the same from 89-92 ranger/bronco II and 91-94 explorer. the older 83-88 ranger and bronco II front end is different and i am not sure if it will mount up to the 89-92 header panel, frame horns. hope this helps.

Thanks Folks! As usual you've all helped me out a ton. I can now start piecing together the parts needed for the body repairs, which I am hoping to do come spring, once it dries out a bit.

Back