Body vs suspension lift?

bradh8

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT
Hi everybody,
I'm sure this will sound like a dumb question ... but im no mechanic .. just love my truck! Haha ... anyway, I am a little confused about suspension vs body lift? Which one should I do first? I only want to raise my rig a little bit, both for cosmetic, tires and off-road capability ... but she's my daily driver and I'm definitely not trying to make a "monster-truck" ... in all my glorious ignorance so far I'm imagining if the truck was 2" higher I could easily roll 31" rubber and drive into some my favorite camping spots ... any thoughts/advice? Thanks, all! Long live our Fords!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What year Explorer or Ranger do you have? That will be the deciding factor on doing a 2" lift.

You wouldn’t need both to fit 31’s. Suspension lifts are typically easier, especially if your undercarriage is rusty.

Cool .. thanks! A buddy of mine told me I probably just need to replace/beef up the leaf springs .. she's riding a little low in the back ... appreciate the advice! I think a 2" suspension and accompanying/appropriate leaf spring and I'm rolling 31s all day

Add a leaf will help in the back if it’s ridubg soft, otherwise warrior shackles will give you the 2 inches to level it up. Spring packs are fairly affordable if you have the ability and patience to do them.

Back