• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

How to: Body Work 101

MONMIX

I fix dents
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
yeah
800 grit will be fine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

rsoby

Reaction score
City, State
Cape Cod, Ma.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Awesome! Very informative and detailed! Thank you!

I have a 94 explorer that is somewhat riddled in areas with small pin dents and a crease as well as a stove in passenger door. The dents along the lower area of the rear quarter are not easily accessible from the inside. Would I just sand and fill those? or would one of those hot glue buttons with the sliding hammer work?
Here is a link to the pics.
Thanks in advance!

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk212/risoby/Ford Explorer/

LaxNBeer

Reaction score
City, State
Salisbury, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 EB
Read through all the OP's posts for the whole process, was awesome.

Best part about the entire thing?

RAVENS!

tyler2277

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
good write up man, im in my 2nd year at my high school shop class and can do dents and use bondo pretty good now but cant paint for the life of me, i love how light metal glaze is and how easy it is to sand, what would your suggestion be on racker panels, mine are rusted real bad and im wanting to replace them this year, im leaning towards weld on ones since i have a welder that i can use, also what kinds of welds should i do? i would imagine plug? thanks a lot

J

joydsilva6987

well nice job done.......
really impressive, now i am a fan of Bondo products.
clearly explained thanks for showing step wise pics.

GuardianSport

Reaction score
City, State
Lindsay, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 ST Adrenalin
Hey, Monmix, sorry to grave dig, but I'd like to see how the repair has stood up since 2004. Care to provide an updated photo?

Blee1099

Evil Asian
Moderator Emeritus
EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
Elkridge, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
The last time I saw his truck you couldn't notice where it was.. Then again that's his line of work so I'm sure he knows what he is doing..
Posted via Mobile Device

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
...and Monmix hasn't been on since the end of August last year... Anyone know if he's ok?

Blee1099

Evil Asian
Moderator Emeritus
EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
Elkridge, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
he's happy with his wife & daughter.. Doing the father thing now.

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
Ah- that's cool... Good stuff. :thumbsup:

MONMIX

I fix dents
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
Hey, Monmix, sorry to grave dig, but I'd like to see how the repair has stood up since 2004. Care to provide an updated photo?

Let me wash it first. :)

Looks as good as the day after the repair.

MONMIX

I fix dents
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
...and Monmix hasn't been on since the end of August last year... Anyone know if he's ok?

yeah I am fine. Different chapter in life. Once upon a time I could not get on and off this place in less than an hour if not more. I am a husband now and very very happy. I would like to stay that happy if you know what I mean.

I am also a Daddy, and the last thing in the world I want is to watch my girl grow up wile sitting behind the computer.

Thanks for asking. This place was and still is awesome. It will always hold a special place in my world.