• Register Today It's free!

Bodylift front bumper help

ramren16

Reaction score
City, State
greeley, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 explorer sport
Just wondering if any one has any tips on aligning the front bumper the metal one I can't seam to get the plastic bumper to line up right

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you use the lift brackets? I assume 3" body lift right?

Did you trim the opening on the bumper cover like shown in the instruction manual. Start by loosely bolting the top bolts and pull downwards on the cove rtill the bodyline lip goes under the steel bumper, you can use rachet straps to hold it in place if working alone while you do the lower bolts and sides.

Did you trim the opening on the bumper cover like shown in the instruction manual. Start by loosely bolting the top bolts and pull downwards on the cove rtill the bodyline lip goes under the steel bumper, you can use rachet straps to hold it in place if working alone while you do the lower bolts and sides.
I trimmed both plastic and metal bumpers I think I need to ten more of the metal off I can't get the bottom of the cover back far enough to get the fender bolts lined up right

Yeah the fender bolts are a PITA, I used a flat piece of metal as washers to reinforce them in place. I used a cordless drill to free up the other hand so I can hold the box wrench and keep the nut in place. sounds easier then it is, lol. I trimmed almost the whole curve off the opening to allow the cover to fit. If you can have someone hold the cover in place while you fasten the fender bolts in, it'll make it atleast alittle easier.

I had about as much trouble with this part of the lift as I did with removing the old bolts from the body mounts. I just kept forcing things and cutting until it lined up. You're almost there, though.

i think i got it as good as i can the front bumper took longer than the rest of the lift i was worried about the back bumper but it was easy with the rear bumper diagrams found on this site i had made up. the old body mount bolts came out easy suprisingly. her is what i did for the a/c line (got it off of the ford ranger instructions) worked perfectly a lit better than fabings something up
Untitled.png

Nice, good work man.

Back