Bolt locations for A/C & Power steering pump bracket | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bolt locations for A/C & Power steering pump bracket

m_wages

Reaction score
City, State
Monett, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Ranger
I am looking at all of these posts and not having any luck in trying to find what I am looking for. 30 pages of Ford Explorer and Ranger, Engine, troubleshooting, modifications, performance and accessories.
and I am not sure how many others I have tried typing in my question that is this...... I am trying to replace my water pump which has been on this Ranger for 98K miles and I have two bolts I can see but the idler pulley is blocking the removal of them, I have found two bolts at the back of the power steering pump and the engine block and finally removed one pulley that was blocking the view of another bolt. Everything I have looked at has skipped the removal of the bracket and moving probably a half inch to the right to have full access to the two remaing bolts but something is still holding, so how many bolts hold this onto the engine block and what are their locations. I have noticed that there might be two types of this bracket one is a flat metal piece and then the one I have seems to be a large cast piece.any help would be greatly appreciated PLEASE!

Okay, if I am being stupid, I'm sorry but I cannot seem to find what has to be one bolt that will not allow me to move this whole housing just half an inch to remove that last two bolts of the water pump, I really do not mind if anyone gets a laugh out of me, as laughter is good medicine but I have had 65 people at least look at the post but no replies is this not a common bracket? or do I need to be more forceful with the bracket?
I just had cataract surgery and so did not get a chance to look at it this past weekend, so hopefully I will be able to work on it this coming weekend. thanks in advance!

Back