Boomin's Mounty... | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Boomin's Mounty...

OK guys I know all of you have seen my old 95x so well here is the new toy I just picked up. Its a 00' Mercury Mountaineer. Here are the specs..

12558Picture_031.jpg

Motor and Driveline
-5.0 V8
-All Wheel Drive (In process of 2wd conversion)
-3:73 gears with LS in rear
-Flowmaster 40 True duals to 3inch slant tips
-Mac intake
-FMS Headers
-Removed EGR system
-Ported upper intake manifold
-GT 40 1'' Manifold Spacer
-75mm Pro-m MAF
-ZEX 100 Shot N2O Kit

Interior / Electronics
-All leather
-Message center
-Digital climate control
-Alpine 7995 Head Unit
-Rockford Fosgate 2 ga wire kit
-Infinity Kappa 5x7's with rotating tweeter in all 4 doors
-door speakers pushed by an MTX 502
-Hifonics Zeus 5000 with remote bass gain
-2004 Hollywood Edge 12'' Sub in a custom box
-cobra radar detector

Suspention
-2'' drop via Tortion twist
-1'' Rear drop block
-Magnum drilled rotors (rear)
-Painted calipers Red
-Energy Suspention 4.5'' Endlnks
-18x9 Mustang bullets
-255/55R18 Falken Ziex Tires

Exterior
-Removed V8 embelms for 5.0 ones
-Front windows tinted 20%
-Custom grille finished and clear corners by oct 1st

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

boominXplorer said:
Nah I went that way to slow it down. I am building a street car as soon as I finish a few parts on the truck. The truck will be the tow vehicle. I am planning on a GT40 5.0 miata to start soon.

Those monster Miata's can be fun! Drop a hihg compression forged motor in there and then throw a healthy shot of nitrous on it!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Please update your thread Chris!

-Drew

hold your horses!!!! I'll get it when its done ;)

show progress...not stages. Oh, and dude - I ordered an intake. Why the hell not right?

-Drew

I just fixed the photos in this thread.

Back from the dead. Wow it's been awhile..... Funny part is I just got my son a 2wd 2000 Mountaineer to play with. Crazy it's been almost 20 years since I made this post. My ST is 17x faster than one of these 5.0s could ever be but reliability wise might be a different story. To early to tell........

Nope it's long gone. Parted it out and scrapped it around 2011. Then I put all the goodies on a 98 2wd Mountaineer. Then I took some goodies off it and sold that and made my 01 ranger a v8. Daily drove the v8 swapped ranger for 8 years till I bought my raptor. Then I sold the ranger to an older guy that bugged me for 3 years straight about it. I still see it once or twice a year to do "maintenance".

Bought the wife an Explorer ST this year and in stock form it'll blow the doors off anything I've owned except my kenne bell mustang I had. I am about to do up a 2000 Mountaineer for my oldest son that just turned 20, bout to be reminiscing.....

Only pic I have of the new project... Had it since 2020, just now doing something with it lol

20231209_120453.jpg

Bought the wife an Explorer ST this year and in stock form it'll blow the doors off anything I've owned except my kenne bell mustang I had. I am about to do up a 2000 Mountaineer for my oldest son that just turned 20, bout to be reminiscing.....

I love our ST. It's been an amazing vehicle for us. Knock wood, no issues for us.:chug: It just turned three years old last week.

I drove my 5.0 5 speed sport trac yesterday over to my moms, got in her 2018 platinum Ecoboost and drove it to the shop to swap on the snow tires. Swapped 20”
Snow tires on then drive it back to her house and got back in the sport trac.
Man that Ecoboost and late model platinum lets you know just how ancient a 03 trac really is lol lol there is just no comparison. Ecoboost so responsive and quick!! But still for my use the 5.0 trac better suited her explorer just won’t go down old logging roads

I like the Raptor's. Wife drives 02 mountaineer 4.0 me an 02 sport for dailys.I got a 96 sport 4x4 from my 90 year old neighbor with low miles. I plan on babying it stock and putting some Fosgate from the late 90's Era in it.

410 needs to start some 3.5 ecoboost swaps

I drove my 5.0 5 speed sport trac yesterday over to my moms, got in her 2018 platinum Ecoboost and drove it to the shop to swap on the snow tires. Swapped 20”
Snow tires on then drive it back to her house and got back in the sport trac.
Man that Ecoboost and late model platinum lets you know just how ancient a 03 trac really is lol lol there is just no comparison. Ecoboost so responsive and quick!! But still for my use the 5.0 trac better suited her explorer just won’t go down old logging roads
You ought to drive one of these new ST's. 100 more hp and 10 speed transmission makes a world of difference over the 5th gen

Back