• Register Today It's free!

Bora wheel spacers

blaster9

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer ST
Just picked up a '21 ST w/Street pack on New year's eve and have a set of Black rhino 18s (30mm offset) on the way with 265/65/18 (31.6" O.D) tires. I'd really like some input on whether I can fit a 1.5-2.5" hub-centric wheel spacer on all 4 corners to give it a bit of tire poke.

Any help from the wheel/tire fitment gurus would be greatly appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why not just buy the right wheels?

Why not just buy the right wheels?
I created a thread for assistance on fitment for wheels that wouldn't have needed wheel spacers, but no one responded so I'm at where I'm at.

Check measurements when your wheels arrive…. Bora has effective and quick service, and can even be expedited, as I recall.

Good Luck!

I put a set of 1.25" BORA spacers on my stock 21's, Love the fit. Before on the left, After on the right.
20201212_132529.jpg

Just the Bora spacers,
20201212_150725.jpg

Nice, so it looks like anything smaller than your 1.25", would likely require some cutting of the factory lugs. Do you think there would be enough factory lug threads to put a 2.0" or 2.5" spacer on there?

I created a thread for assistance on fitment for wheels that wouldn't have needed wheel spacers, but no one responded so I'm at where I'm at.
You would have simply changed the offset to include the thickness of your spacer. A 2 inch spacer would change it about 50mm.

Nice, so it looks like anything smaller than your 1.25", would likely require some cutting of the factory lugs. Do you think there would be enough factory lug threads to put a 2.0" or 2.5" spacer on there?
Yes. You can trim your factory lugs for a smaller spacer. I did this, and was not really comfortable with the resulting lug threads, so I would not recommend this. For a larger spacer, fastening is not an issue ... the spacer bolts to the factory lugs, with the supplied lug nut sinking deep into the recess on the spacer to fasten the spacer. The wider factory lug nuts then are placed on the spacer lugs to fasten your wheel.

Good luck!

Yes. You can trim your factory lugs for a smaller spacer. I did this, and was not really comfortable with the resulting lug threads, so I would not recommend this. For a larger spacer, fastening is not an issue ... the spacer bolts to the factory lugs, with the supplied lug nut sinking deep into the recess on the spacer to fasten the spacer. The wider factory lug nuts then are placed on the spacer lugs to fasten your wheel.

Good luck!
Thanks alligator! Do you think there will be issues with rubbing if I go to a 2.0-2.5" spacer with 31.6" diameter tires on 30mm offset 18" wheels?

Thanks alligator! Do you think there will be issues with rubbing if I go to a 2.0-2.5" spacer with 31.6" diameter tires on 30mm offset 18" wheels?
Sorry, no idea here. I have a 1997....

Good luck.

Back