Borg Warner 1354 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Borg Warner 1354

Thats a downer.
Why couldnt you just build a linkage? Your fabbing a SAS for christ sake! :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am probably going to fab a linkage, but it really isnt that hard to reach under there and shift it.

Do you crawl under the truck to do it? Or do you have a hole cut in the floor?

Crawl under and shift it. As soon as i get my axles back from regearing i can put them in and then i can test it out. And also i need to get a rear driveshaft made.

It wont be too fun to crawl under there in the mud and snow ;)

Well it doesnt really snow here in TN, and i really try to avoid the mud.I like the rocks better!

Your avitar shows otherwise! I guess I am just a wuss.. dont like to get dirty :p

What did you do with the old t-case? And what happened to it?(broken?)

I found you a manual shift linkage with lever and boot. You'll just need the hardware for the arm to the T/C. It's at a local yard but a friend is holding it for me unless you don't want it. He says $25 so you pay shipping and I'll go get it for you.

Premier-The 4405 is sitting in my friends garage, its not broken just a POS!

NOTAJP-Ill do that. Pay Pal work for you?

You got any pictures since you went 38's and SAS? I got my 2dr project X and am wanting to convert it to manual transfer case. I will be searching for the likage items at the junkyard in the next few weeks.

Not yet. Im going to try to get some soon. My truck is still sitting in my friends shop, i still have a few little odds and ends to finish. I still havent got the linkage yet but NOTAJP is working it out.What size tires are u going to run on it david?

I will be changing the suspension out from the 4 door I have now. That is the posied frt. and rear 4.10's, the BFG 33's and the suspension lift. I will be putting a 2 inch body lift on also. Should work out to be the exact same height as the 4 door. I will be putting 31's back on the 4 door and selling it.

How much are u wanting for the 4door? I may be interested.

I will call you when I get it ready. Good luck finishing the SAS!!!

Hey david i think i might have changed my mind about the 4door. I like my ranger too much and i cant beat the MPG. I will get some pics up soon on my SAS post. Later,

Matt

Back