Bosch Platinum +2 Spark Plugs

MustangP51

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Limited V8
I'm going to be replacing my spark plugs on my 5.0 soon and have been looking at the +2 design from Bosch. When I changed my plugs the last time I just went with the Autolite Double Platinum, because I thought the spiltfire, diamond fire, etc.. were just snake oil products, but over the last year or so I have been working on piston aircraft engines and found all the new engines use split fire plugs so, that's why im considering the +2s. What do you all think?

http://www.boschautoparts.com/Products/SparkPlugs/Platinum2

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is an example of what the plugs look like on all the new Continental and Lycoming engines.

massivePlug.jpg

I guarantee you'll be replacing the BOTCH plugs in six months or less. A lot of members here have had bad experiences with BOTCH plugs.

Ford actually published a letter regarding Bosch plugs and certain engines.

Ok, I haven't found anything from Ford about not using Bosch +2s or +4s, but I did find alot of people have had problems with them. So I was going to go and just buy the Autolite Double Platinum again, but then I saw these Iridiums on their website. Anyone use them?

http://www.autolite.com/products/xpXtreme.php

I have the XP's in my SHO. Eh, it's a plug, it makes spark, it was on sale, thought I'd try them. I notice no difference over stock. After dozens of cars and trial and error with plugs, wires, etc- I don't think getting anything other than stock style and heat range really matters- that goes for wires as well.

On all of my Mustangs I've had the best luck with Autolite plugs, or Motorcraft plugs. That is the same engine, so that would be my choice.

Back