• Register Today It's free!

box and amp help

nmlax39

Reaction score
City, State
huntersville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
im adding a new head unit subs and amp to my explorer and ive decided on getting a PIONEER DEH-P5000UB head unit and 2 12" pioneer TS-W1207D4 subs. what box and amp should i get for it to be the loudest

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just put the in pioneer recommend box, and for the amp, try to get something that at least do 800@1ohm, audioque AQ1200D is nice amp, and is cheap for the quality it have, i have try all cheap amps, but all of then except profile dies really fast (i dont abuse my gear).

Get a quality amp since the begging that way you wont be spending more later.

I can get the peh-5900mp. Definatly nicer more tuning abilitys. And not expensive. I had that head unit with 3 premier 12s in a dual port box running a shi**y Pyle amp. It was their 1400 watt 4 channel and for the low end amp it still powered sufficiantly. (not actually recommending) But those subs you can absolutly not beat the price. They hit on point and ripped apart my mark viii. And thats a hard car to move bass through.

i cant find that audioque amp can you just list a couple good ones thanks

can you buy it on there though cause i cant find it on like crutchfield or millionbuy.com

ok thanks. where can i find the box to use cause i didnt find it on the pioneer website any suggestions for a good ported or bandpass box to use?

prefab ported boxes suck...prefab bandpass enclosures are horrible.

If you are using the pioneers don't use the factory recommended enclosure...its horrible

what do i use then , sorry i know barely anything about audio

prefab ported boxes suck...prefab bandpass enclosures are horrible.

If you are using the pioneers don't use the factory recommended enclosure...its horrible

I have made sealed and recommended box and both have work really nice, what do you suggest to use??

sealed sizes are fine...ported size blows.

size and what type of enclosure depends on how much power, how much space, and what kind of sound you want from the sub

sealed sizes are fine...ported size blows.

size and what type of enclosure depends on how much power, how much space, and what kind of sound you want from the sub

What size do you recommend ported, for 400W??

Back