City, State
Winter Haven Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Xplorer
does ne one know if these are good subs
Volfenhag 12" subwoofer
and this amp
volfenhag 1000w
i was thinkin of gettin two of the subs and 1 amp for each also wut type of box should i use

i want lots of BASS
like window shattering bass (dont want my windows to shatter tho)

Thanx for ur help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you want window shattering bass... i have a sick box for 4 12's for sale... put 4 jlw3's in there and it will pound like crazy!! here are pics of it if you are interested:
200810_4.jpg
200810_3.jpg
200810_1.jpg

Mostly everyone on this board will most def. tell you that Volfenhag sucks. But you can always spend $10 and get much better. Check out

http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/

They have the best deals, but since they ship by how much your shipment weighs just send another car stero shop a price match.

thanx for the help ne one else wanna give me advice
i just no i want a lot of watts alot of bass and great sound under 500$ so ne help would be apprrieciated(how ever u spell it)
i know my how much i wanna spend it low but im only 15
and that y i look at stereo discounrt webpages thanx for the help:)

Dude im 16 and was looking into many possiballities for my X also. Some good places to check out are:
1. www.thezeb.com (shipping is only $6.95 for your entire order!)
2. www.sounddomain.com (kinda expensive on shipping)

The zeb is having a HUGE sale on all last years Audiobahn equ. which is one of the best manufactures! They have 10" subs that POUND, for only $80! and nice bass amps for like $120-200 but with $500 you could get a pretty pounding system. But you probally dont wanna go over 700Watts since you will run into some problems with your electrical system and alternator. But you can get a 15" Audiobahn (150) and a 560Watt Audiobahn bass amp for 200 (the amp really puts out close to 660Watts since they rate their amps at 12.4 volts and the X put out 13-14volts. But 700Watts from a NICE 15" is pretty loud!!

even though those volfenhag subs say they handle 1000 watts, they definitely wont. it's supposed to be 1000 watts max and 500 rms. we ran one at 300 watts rms in a ported enclosure and in less then 10 minutes it started smoking. the subwoofer was blown. the coils were melted. it's not like i cared. i got the sub for free and we were testing it. it failed.....

and the amps produce horrible amounts of distortion and never reach their rated power. stay away from those generic brands. they are the same company as American Pro and Performance Teknique

thanx for the help but im ugrading my electricla system with better alternator and a cap.
so watts the bigger the better for me

LeenJen
List you 10 best afordable subs to buy... Please :D im curious as to what you consider a good sub... (incase i ever get a freakish urge to upgrade)

thanx that has changed my mine about crappy brands ill probaly get some audiobahn's
but it um Ma audio ne good j/w

thanx

ChuckyD,
it would be nearly impossible to list my opinion of the 10 best affordable subs. every subwoofer is different. i like lots of quality subs. but i will list a few subs that i think are best buys for the price. this is just off the top of my head. i dont want to get flamed by someone who doesnt see their subs on the list. i'm not saying they are the best (there is no "best"). i'm just listing some subs that you cant go wrong with for the price.

Under $150
Orion XTR 12" or 15"
Audiobahn 1206Q
Ultimate Cupric
MA Audio Synergy 12"
Image Dynamics IDQ

Around $200
Blueprint 1203
MA Audio Synergy 15"
Orion XTR Pro
Audiobahn 1205Q
Diamond Audio M6

they are not listed in any particular order. and they are just a few that i just thought of. dont take offense if i left out your brand (just trying to cover my ass from flamers that think their brand is the best and all others suck). this is just a list of really good affordable subs that wont dissapoint and they will outperform many subs twice the price in a proper install.

i was also woundering i was just lookin for other speakers and seen some that are cdt is that brand name of just more crap
ne help would be great

im not sure about cdt, sorry

and im really sorry to say this but learn to spell man :D

I have a small comment for the originator of this thread: If you want realyy loud bass and really good sounding bass, you're probably going to spend more than $500 for everything. If I were you, I'd pick what I wanted more, loud bass or good bass, then go from there. Personally, I'd rather have good sounding bass, but it's all your opinion of what's more important to you. I'd rather hear less high quality bass than nasty loud "ghetto" bass, but that's just audiophile me. you can probably get away with good sounding bass that can be pretty loud if you want, not competition winning loud, but loud enough for under $500. Get some of the JBL GT120 subs, a US Accoustics amp, and a nice box and you'll be set. If you get a parametric eq for the subs then you'll be able to have good sounding bass, or loud bass with the twist of a few knobs. You can make any sub sound decent, it just may not be able to play as loud as you want. You can also make any sub sound reasonably loud, but it wont sound as good as you want. Until you get to spending more money you will be stuck at this dellima.

Thats a great deal for those Audiobahn subs. Wonder if they will hold up or not though...

The subs for sale at thezeb.com are from last years and the year before models. They probally are the same as the 2002 line. If you compair the last years model and the 02 line theirs a HUGE drop on pricing, around $120 savings if you buy an older model. I bet their about the same, they just have a different basket structure it looks like.

ok are the power acoustik subs and the amps ne good are there ne cons to this brand thnx for the help eevryone

Originally posted by XplorerKid
ok are the power acoustik subs and the amps ne good
NO...

high distorion. false power ratings. and the amps are known to catch fire after about a year

"Catch fire"

LOL!!!
:p

Alittle off the subject but what do all of you think of DD? I think thats the name of the sub...very high in price...are they worth it?!?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

MTX are your best bet, but get the 6000s, they should be less than $100 each for 12s.

Back