Box Canyon/Coke ovens run anyone?

arsoul

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Ex/79F250: X250
Anyone interested in a day run to Box Canyon/Coke ovens?
Located near Florence, AZ. Everything from 2+ trails to 5's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes,

When are you thinking about going?

Sundays or mondays are good for me. A sunday run would actually be perfect. which sunday? any sunday!

I'd like to have a strong showing of Explorers out there, because there are tons of Jeeps out there. I went last weekend with a bunch of jeepers, they were surprised by what an Explorer could do.

Its a full day run, 6 to 8 hours bar any major troubles.

[Edited by arsoul on 02-05-2001 at 01:37 PM]

It would definately have to be a Sunday for me then. I'm out of vacation time at work so I couldn't get a Monday off. We should definately do it before it gets hot again considering it is in the middle of the desert.

How's this Sunday (02-11)?

This Sunday might be OK. I probably won't know until Saturday though. My Wife works this Sunday so I'll be brining along my 3 year old daughter. I've been wanting to head out to Box Canynon though.

Well, just give me a call. Do you still have my phone number?

I'm sure I do, but go ahead and e-mail it to me at reberhardt@qwest.net to save me from digging it out of the pile that keeps growing in my office.

Did you guys ever do your run to the Coke Ovens??

No, I was unable to get ahold of Robert. Or should I say he was unable to get ahold of me. However...

We are going to try and make the run to Box Canyon on SUNDAY, FEB. 25th, should be 3 or 4 other Explorer's this time.

Ryan,

Sunday still works for me. Did your phone number changed since your phone got stolen? Let me know the details about the trip.

Robert

No, same phone number.

I think we should meet at the turn off for Box Canyon at around 9am. I'll put the directions to get there here by tomorrow night.

Bring lunch...water, ect.

Maybe we could join you. I'll have to check with the boss. We were jsut out that way last weekend. We did a run just west of Superior. Can't rememeber the name of the trail right now. We did the run with 4 Jeeps and a full size Bronco.

It would be great to have you!

Ryan u already know im in and maybe u shouldn't set your explorer on it's side this time btw did u get a new side mirror

I might be up for a run then. Im still mostly stock. As long as its not a trail thats way over my head Id like to go too.

I hate holding up a bunch of modded trucks.

I need to replace my antenna, but I can have that done by then.

Oh yeah, are kids welcome? Dogs?

Thanks

Clint~ I don't plan on tipping over this trip. No, I haven't got a new mirror. But I did just get hit by a snowbird in that door, so all the damage I caused will be repaired on her ticket!

Steve~ Kids and dogs are welcome. You shouldn't have any troubles, I've made this run with stock Jeeps (both Wranglers and Grand Cherokes). With some spotting, the Grand Cherokes didn't drag that bad due to the longer wheelbase. However, Wranglers tend to drag gastank.

Count me in. I'll be bringing my Wife and 3 year old Daughter. I'll be leaving the dog at home.

i will going with a locked and loaded straight axle 93 ranger and a locked up jeep.btw we need to make a run thru wood pecker or martinez canyon no stockers can make it way too ruff but would be a fun run

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

one more thing is thing have any of you actually done box canyon it's not a joy run some moderatly serios stuff in spots good thing about it is there is a bybass thru everything

Back