• Register Today It's free!

bracket or not?

rngmStr

Reaction score
City, State
Pacific NWest
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Eddie Bauer X
Am gonna go with the 2" SKYJACKER lift coils up front. The description on these TUFF COUNTRY 4WD/2" lift axle pivot brackets say camber adjustment bolts included.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0017964796&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=
The SKYJACKER spring requires that you get an oversized bushing for alignment. Not wanting the added stresses on the front end is the reason for the brackets. Purchasing these brackets as well as the SKYJACKER coil, installing, taking to a shop for alignment. Would this mod be sufficient.
Depending on money situation with this economy, could go with the SKYJACKER spring, oversized bushing, alignment. Hate to add unwanted stress to the front end. Just replaced U/L ball joints, wheel bearings in the front end, don't really feel like doing that anytime soon. Not the hardest job, however I'm a newbie. It's true about what they say........ automatic hubs seem to fail when a person really needs them.
THX

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do the adjustment bushings, not the brackets. Unless you go with skyjacker class II brackets, and that is for either 4 or 6 inches, not 2. The other brackets are MUCH weaker then the stock ones. You may not be able to align the camber 100% at first, but the springs will settle into a good alignment after a few months.

i went with leveling springs (2" lift springs) and the shop i went to for an alignment said they were unable to align it, even with an oversized bushing. the springs will settle after a few months.. so you could wait till then for the alignment but while you drive youre gonna be putting added stress on your front end. if you are going to lift.. you might as well go with a 4" lift with drop brackets.. it makes everything sit very level in the front. but thats just my opinion.

here are some pics of my truck after leveling springs so you can see what im talking about

100_0125.jpg

100_0126.jpg

100_0127.jpg

i went with leveling springs (2" lift springs) and the shop i went to for an alignment said they were unable to align it, even with an oversized bushing. <snip>

If you can afford the bushings + labor (or put them in yourself).. getting the biggest camber bushing you can in there. It will lessen the amount of + camber you have.

Once the springs settle you will need to get it aligned again and they may be able to get it within spec, but you would have had that problem anyway.. New springs settle and throw off the camber.

~Mark

this is true.. which is why i just oped for brackets and 4" springs. the alignment went very well w/out oversized bushings. im sure after they settle some more in the coming months that will be a different story.

Back