Braided stainless brake lines | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Braided stainless brake lines

BrianDye

I'll have another...
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT
Damn...that's a bummer there's so many variations.

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

USMCBuckWild

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Camp LeJeune, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 XLT
Damn...that's a bummer there's so many variations.

I spoke with a salesguy who thinks they sold me the wrong set. I ordered the Russell 693270, but it looks like they sent me the 693210. Hopefully its a simple fix. I checked both and the set I was supposed to get is for Cobra Mustangs with IRS, so it should be pretty close! We'll know shortly.

<

<

<

USMCBuckWild

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Camp LeJeune, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 XLT
<

BrianDye

I'll have another...
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT
Just ordered my last bit of parts I need for my lift, which includes drilled/slotted rotors, and am really hoping you find a solution. I've never upgraded to braided lines on any vehicle, but I have always wanted to, specially with this giant hunk of metal that sucks at stopping, we drive. These brakes are piss-poor, lol.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

<

TechGurru

Reaction score
City, State
Portland, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
09 STA V8 AWD
What about these Goodridge SS lines # 13097 ?

$110 on up from eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Goodridge-G...ash=item3394acae6f:g:qzsAAOSwEK9UA2pq&vxp=mtr

$110 shipped from Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Goodridge-13097-Brake-Line/dp/B00HZGZ28W

$102 + shipping from autoplicity
http://autoplicity.com/3474904-good...CVj7r1z9BInIeknIOgA9muq5Ed95JPCjp8hoCqA3w_wcB

GOODRIDGE.jpg

<

USMCBuckWild

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Camp LeJeune, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 XLT
Can't hurt to give them a try. I will swing by the parts store and do a comparison. As previously stated, the driver's side is where I ran into issues

<

TechGurru

Reaction score
City, State
Portland, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
09 STA V8 AWD
They specifically say on eBay: GOODRIDGE SS BRAKE LINE KIT FOR 07-10 FORD EXPLORER 13097

Others reporting Expedition. Probably a typo for the Explorer ones.

<

MotorCityFats13

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Flatrock MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer XLT 4.0L
Just ordered my last bit of parts I need for my lift, which includes drilled/slotted rotors, and am really hoping you find a solution. I've never upgraded to braided lines on any vehicle, but I have always wanted to, specially with this giant hunk of metal that sucks at stopping, we drive. These brakes are piss-poor, lol.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

i have to say with the right pads my 2nd and 4th gen stopped better than anything ive driven in a long time.... i really love the duralast max pads pricy but you only pay once rest are free $58 rear and $75 front... i was even able to trade in my max pads from my 98 before I sent it off to the crusher for credit on the 07 pads

<

nopistn

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 ford explorer
I got the drilled and slotted rotor/pad kit from summit and that made a huge difference over the warped stock sh!t. As these explorers get older they'll benefit more from the SS line kit.

<

MotorCityFats13

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Flatrock MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer XLT 4.0L
i just did all 4 slotted drilled rotors last week and I love it even more... the fronts were getting grooved up so I bought the $140 ebay specials

<

zerodevil

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage, AK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 White Limited V8
Sorry for the NecroPost, wanted to give this one a BUMP.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a product sold specifically for our trucks even at this point in 2020. Anybody ever have luck with getting other kits to work? Or have a custom manufacturer they would recommend? Have two 4th gens in the drive that I would love to do this upgrade to.

<