Brake Controller and AirLift Load Bags installed. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brake Controller and AirLift Load Bags installed.

Evan2021

Reaction score
City, State
Kimball, Mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer Xlt 200a
Installed my trailer brake controller and Air Lift load bags this past weekend. Both installs were pretty easy. The trailer brake controller was really simple to install, take of one panel find the harness below the steering column. The Air bags were a bit of a pain to get into the coil but after letting them soak in a sink of hot water I got them in.

Redarc Tow-pro Liberty Brake Controller with custom harness
Air Lift 1000 Air Helper Springs for Coil Springs

Snapchat-1757537739.jpg
20210430_204100.jpg
20210501_144457.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Excellent. I loved my bags. Made a world of difference when I was hauling absurd tongue weights.

Excellent. I loved my bags. Made a world of difference when I was hauling absurd tongue weights.

Yeah my tongue weight isn't crazy, but when going over bumps when towing the bounce of the tongue didn't have the best feeling. The bags and a new adjustable hitch got rid of that feeling.

I used to carry a pair of dirt bikes, and my KTM was a relative pig. Put a hurting on the rear for sure.

Installed my trailer brake controller and Air Lift load bags this past weekend. Both installs were pretty easy. The trailer brake controller was really simple to install, take of one panel find the harness below the steering column. The Air bags were a bit of a pain to get into the coil but after letting them soak in a sink of hot water I got them in.

Redarc Tow-pro Liberty Brake Controller with custom harness
Air Lift 1000 Air Helper Springs for Coil Springs

View attachment 330160View attachment 330162View attachment 330161
Air lift 60855?

Back