Brake fluid leak inside truck? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brake fluid leak inside truck?

Sexplorerr

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
00' Ford Explorer EB
I recently crawled underneath dash checking the slack in my throttle cable and also checking the bracket for the pedal (i hear it can break over time). As im checking things out i noticed the rubber boot over the rod leading from the brake pedal to the booster/master had some fluid on it. Is it possible the seals in the master are leaking? Brake fluid level hasnt changed, pedal isnt squishy or spongy..
20141217_194434_resized_zps4b6f7772.jpg

looks like the seal on the back of the mater cylinder has started to leak. the fluid gets into the booster and then follows the rod into the interior. I suggest you change the master cylinder and booster.

looks like the seal on the back of the mater cylinder has started to leak. the fluid gets into the booster and then follows the rod into the interior. I suggest you change the master cylinder and booster.

Thats what i thought. Tomarrow im gonna wipe the boot down good before i do any driving and check back it later in the day. Its weird bc it had a mastercylinder and booster done from the prev owners..

Back