brake light / turn signal light Diagram | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

brake light / turn signal light Diagram

ITS FIXED!!!!!!!!

so i replaced the front turn signal and directional. and then cleared the DTCs for the B106E restarted the car and boom. its fixed.

so this proves that the SJB can in fact TURN OFF power to a accessory when it detects an issue.

@J_C and bdmaash THANK YOU both for the help and diagrams hope this thread helps others!

^ I don't quite follow. If you had to "replaced the front turn signal and directional" it would seem that either you mean the bulb and the SJB didn't shut anything down, just sensed no current, or if it was the switch, that the SJB didn't shut anything down, just didn't get the signal to turn it on in the first place.

?? I do not think the SJB turns off a bulb that would otherwise work. If some other problem caused excessive current like a short, then the bulb still wouldn't have worked whether you had a SJB or straight-through wired.

Regardless, glad that you got it fixed.

^ I don't quite follow. If you had to "replaced the front turn signal and directional" it would seem that either you mean the bulb and the SJB didn't shut anything down, just sensed no current, or if it was the switch, that the SJB didn't shut anything down, just didn't get the signal to turn it on in the first place.

?? I do not think the SJB turns off a bulb that would otherwise work. If some other problem caused excessive current like a short, then the bulb still wouldn't have worked whether you had a SJB or straight-through wired.

Regardless, glad that you got it fixed.

yes - poor choice of words on my part - "front park/turn lamp - 3457 NAK (amber)" and "side park/turn lamp - 194" were the bulbs i replaced.

asked a buddys dad - 28year master tech at ford,and the online research i have done. DTC B106E - the SJB turns of power to the accessory when it sense multiple occurrences of voltage or grounding issues to prevent damage occurring the SJB itself. the HSD in the SJB has the ability to do this.
the GEM/SJB stays in the safe mode (DTC B106E) not providing power to the accessory that caused this UNTIL you manually run a self test on the GEM/SJB then it will start sending power again but if the cause of the voltage / ground issue isnt fix it will go back into this state again...

again thank you both. trucks going up for sale now LOL

I believe it was stated that the wiring had melted at those bulbs in an earlier post, and it was fixed

(melted wire - causing possible short, SJB saves the day by not letting the whole harness burn up)

Back