• Register Today It's free!

brake light

monkeypothrower

Reaction score
City, State
Charleston SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Xlt
Alright, so my buddy told me i had a brake light out. So i go and buy the bulb. When i put the new bulb in, it still doesnt work. BUt when i turn the headlights on, it does. So i switched the bulbs from one to the other brake light and same thing. Only the right side one doesnt work. Could it be the brake light switch, if only one is out? Thanks -TJ

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check your fuses.

its been checked. THis is strange, only one light now working. -TJ (also thanks for moving, sorry for the mistake.was just in a rush.)

Won't be a fuse or the switch.. I tuses the same fuse for both sides.. and the same for the switch..

Most likely you have a broken wire or dirty connection... Its time to start tracing the wire.. Follow the brake light wire (bad one) down to where you start to have power.. then fix the break (or dirty connector).

~Mark

i fixed it. My next situation was finding the dirty connection. After about 5 minutes doodling around there was dirt in the connecters, not allowing one side of the connection to close all the way. Who knows how it got in there, but its done now, and thanks for you who tried to help. -TJ

Back