Brake pedal height ?

Reaction score
City, State
RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer,4.0 LTD 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008explorer4x4 View Post
I have also found myself on occasion hitting the gas pedal slightly with my right foot when braking. This is kind of scary when it happens, I now try to think about this issue from time to time. I have never had this problem with any other vehicle. I thought it was just me.

I noticed today that after I stopped, I put my left foot on the brake pedal and held the pedal down. I then put my right foot on the brake pedal and slid my foot to the right and noticed that the brake pedal was lower then the gas pedal ? Is this normal ? or does it indicate that my brakes need looking at ?
My brakes seem to work very well and stop just fine, should the pedal be higher ? Sorry about the long explanation

I have had this problem 3 times now - usually when wearing boots (wider than my normal shoes). The first time, it really startled me as I was in a really tight spot. On the other occasions, I have just slid my foot to the left. It should never happen. I have studied attaching a thicker pedal, but the only ones I can find are really exaggerated ones made for handicapped people.

Back