Brake Pedal really down to the floor? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brake Pedal really down to the floor?

Khaleec5

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer Sports
hello There....I got a 2002 Ford explorer sport trac. I just changed both front calipers with new pads. We did air bleed the system after and manually bled all four bleeder screws rear to front with engine off. Pedal seems ok then it all goes down to floor? We did replace the master cylinder after all bleeding effort that no work for the pedal. Bench bled the MC and manually bled all system again and again. We air bled the system and then, manually bled all four bleeders. Fluid seems squirting and still the pedal's down to the floor? Barely got brakes heading home for 2 days. We opened all brakes, wheel cylinders and no signs of leak. MC no signs of leak either. Free up two new caliper pistons and slap it back. Re-bled and re-bled system manually to no avail. Pedal still goes down to the bottom. Ford people enthusiasm I need some advice. What else seems to be the culprit for this brake system? Appreciate much for the concern.

bout the only other thing controlling pressure in the brakes is the brake booster that might be shot

Back