• Register Today It's free!

Brake Proportioning valve??

SlaminFool

Reaction score
City, State
North Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Explorer 2WD
I am not getting fluid to my rear brakes at all. Only when i press the emergency brake. This means i have very little braking power. What can i do for this. I am thinking it has something to do with the ABS since the Rear Antilock light is on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is is did you bleed you're brakes at anytime if you read the book it will tell you need a brake line pump, Or u can change the brake lines and just be careful when you drive happens on my friends car i was bleeding it the same way that i bleed my car which is a 2001 ford tarsus but if u want brakes on you're car again u can take it to like brake maters and get it done there it will be the safest bet my friends brakes are very weird now but i know how to drive his car, but hes still unsure about how much to acceleration how long it takes for the car to stop now.

Cause of Problem

What caused the condition of the rear brakes? Were you servicing the brakes? I have read that compressing the brake pistons without opening the bleeder valve can cause problems with the ABS module (though I'm not sure exactly how). If this is the case, it seems that a specific scan tool is required to open the abs valves.

If you did not do the above, it could still be the abs module, since you indicated the light was on. My first thought though, before you mentioned the ABS light, was that the master cylinder needs replacement.

If you feel safe not having rabs then just bypass it.many write ups.i didnt have rear breaks for years and bypassed it and fixed the problem.

Back