Brake sticking and steering wheel vibration after entire brake system replaced | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brake sticking and steering wheel vibration after entire brake system replaced

Mitchs07explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Meridian, Idaho
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT V8 AWD
07 XLT V6
I’m posting this one for a co worker he has a 2007 Eddie Bauer with the V8. He recently has had a brake issue where one of the front brakes sticks a little after letting off the brake and even causes a slight vibration in the steering wheel. He has had the master cylinder, rotors, pads and the front calipers changed out but the problem still persists. I’m wondering if it’s possibly a bad hub that has changed the angle slightly on the wheel. He has 120k mi and he might be ready for front hubs. Just wondering if anyone else want to say in or knows what might be causing this issue.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Brake hose replaced on that side?

Looks like hub bearing issue

Front caliper guide pins are good for sure?i mean it is totally new or junkyard ones?

Brake booster push rod out of adjustment maybe
Worth a look

Hubs won't cause a wobble unless they have kissed a curb or the bearing is toast. If it's the brake hose with the metal bracket on there then that bracket rusts up and pinches the hose on the inside making the brake fluid flow restricted. Fluid will flow under pressure but not bleed back like it's supposed to when you release.

That new rotor is warped from heat and needs to be replaced again too.

Second what Boomin says, if everything was replaced with new, and there is still pulsing and vibration, the rubber piece of the hose collapsed inside and is holding the caliper under pressure and maybe slowly releasing it in steps - thus pulsation. Hubs create a constant hum, bad brake hose may look good outside but acts like a check valve.

I’m posting this one for a co worker he has a 2007 Eddie Bauer with the V8. He recently has had a brake issue where one of the front brakes sticks a little after letting off the brake and even causes a slight vibration in the steering wheel. He has had the master cylinder, rotors, pads and the front calipers changed out but the problem still persists. I’m wondering if it’s possibly a bad hub that has changed the angle slightly on the wheel. He has 120k mi and he might be ready for front hubs. Just wondering if anyone else want to say in or knows what might be causing this issue.
I had my f`150 brake hose go bad. Test is wait a few seconds after stopping to see it if continues. If it does not hang up then the hose is probably to blame. They come apart internally so you can't see the failure by bulge or leak.

Back