• Register Today It's free!

Brakes ABS

sunderland86

Reaction score
City, State
Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Explorer
Hello everyone got a problem I hope you can help me with. My parents have an '02 Explorer 4X4. Not long ago my father did some work on the suspension, after putting everything back together he noticed the brakes were acting weird. After driving the vehicle my self I noticed that the brakes work, but it feels like there is air in the lines when up use them. If you drive the vehicle long enough the ABS light will come on the the brakes work and feel normal. I assume that this is because when the ABS light comes on the ABS no longer works. Now when the light is not on you cant hear the ABS pump and i know on my car when the ABS kicks on you can feel it pushing on the pedal. So do you think its the sensor thats bad or is there just a line thats constricted. Anyway thanks for the help I Appreciate it.

well you might want to start by bleeding the brakes, check for twisted lines, i know i flipped my calipers around and my brake line looked like a pretzel, but the brakes still worked fine. Another time the caliper actually dropped and was caught by the ABS wires and it broke them. Luckily i had an extra sensor to fix it. . .another problem was the master cylinder switch which gave out too (most common problem).

Back