• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

brakes issue

tag

Reaction score
City, State
BLUE BELL PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 FORD EXPLORER
Please let me know how to remove rotors on 1993 ford explorer 4x4
trying to replace brake pads, but rotors need to be replaced and brake line
PLEASE HELP ASAP
jill

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

MrShorty

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Spanish Fork, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT and '87 Bronco II
Do you have a manual? Most any DIY repair manual will have adequate instructions for removing rotors. Basically, you remove the hub, wheel bearing nut(s). The wheel bearing nut arrangement is different for manual and auto hubs. Then the rotor comes off with the wheel bearings.

jeff96

Reaction score
City, State
Fayetteville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Ninja 636, 96 Ex Sport
check out autzone.com they have alot of manuals online, can probably find it there.

duckdog27

Reaction score
City, State
Syracuse, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Tag, if you go into the "List of Useful Threads" forum one of the first posts is a link to a detailed (pictured) instructions on replacing the front brakes, rotors, and calipers on a 91-94 Explorer.

mf94_4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Massachussetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Mountaineer
Ive seen Explorer Manuals availible at Autozones around here, i got mine there. Id grab one of those before embarking on any repair adventure.. I also got the Complete Ford Repair manuals on ebay....could check there too.